INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does the X-Fi Titanium's ASIO work in non-exclusive mode  (Read 1870 times)

pauljcoles

Does the X-Fi Titanium's ASIO work in non-exclusive mode
« on: July 31, 2012, 07:20:01 am »

Hello,

I've previous had a X-Fi (something, very old version) and the ASIO from media center 16/17 worked fine not in exclusive mode.  I've just recently changed to an Asus Xonar Essence STX and the ASIO basically sucks and will only run in exclusive mode, which means if say I want to play a video on Youtube I have to stop media center, then when I've finished with youtube quit google chrome for the card to become available again.

So basically I'm going to send the Asus card back.  I know that my old creative card would run ASIO not in exclusive mode so I could play games and listen to music.  However does anyone know if the later X-Fi cards can do the same, particularly the Titanium HD.  I would guess yes, but after one mis-purchase I'd prefer to get it right or stick with the old X-Fi.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Does the X-Fi Titanium's ASIO work in non-exclusive mode
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »

ASIO is supposed to only run exclusively and was incorrectly implemented in the old version. I use ASIO on my X-Fi Elite and don't like it that it is "broken" and isn't exclusive.

With ASIO you should only have to stop Media Center, but not close it, for other programs to be able to access the audio device. Other programs like Google Chrome use Direct Show and wouldn't need to be closed when starting playback again in JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up