INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Erg blij!  (Read 1020 times)

Pink Spazz Lancer

• Recent member
Erg blij!
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:50:23 am »

I have asked questions and such and such; however, I haven't even hinted at my deep joy re., the mega-marvellous media jukebox.

I'm having a whale of a time creating vast, shuffled and staggeringly diverse playlists. I am not sure just how many albums the media jukebox can handle, though. I've a couple of thousand more that I'll be adding over the coming hours, days, months.

I'm converting all the CDs to .flac whilst ripping. So I'm saving disc space that way. I'd be grateful for any information re., capacity of the M.J.

I'm rather amazed that the M.J. is free, though. The one and only reason that I would upgrade the the full media centre, is if the M.J. can't cope with thousands of albums seamlessly.

All in all: ten out of ten for an ace bit of kit!

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Erg blij!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:21:16 am »

I use MC for managing ~55.000 files. I have organized them using 2200 Playlists/Smartlists. And everything works nice and fast. I know, there are some guys out there with much more files. And here is a very old post of JimH (CEO of JRiver), being asked if 128,000 files are a limit for MC:
I don't think 128,000 was ever a limit.  We know that it works with 400,000 files.  That's the biggest library that was tested.

This was true for MC 12, so even MJ 14 should handle so many files easily! But as shown here, MC 17 is faster and may be the better choice for large librarys. Give it a try! You can test MC for free (30 days).

But keep in mind: you can upgrade your library from MJ to MC17 but not downgrade back to MJ!
Pages: [1]   Go Up