INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC glitches: crashes; channel swapping; white noise instead of music ...  (Read 1573 times)

maxim

• Recent member

I have been using MC for a couple months and am generally a very satisfied customer.

But I am occasionally upset by frequent crashes and puzzled by certain recurring glitches.

Has anyone exerienced channel swapping? Like you switch it on and the violins are on the right and double basses on the left? First time I heard it I thought I was going crazy ... It is easily rectified by restarting MC, but still a weird experience.

Another recurrent glitch is smth akin to white noise instead of music while blue status indicates correct bitstream.  You restart the track and it is music again .... (this may be interaction with the DAC Of course)

Any suggestions how to get rid of these glitches and also minimise crashes?

Running JMRC17, WASAPI - event style (direct connection) on win 7/64.  DAC is M2Tech Young.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

But I am occasionally upset by frequent crashes and puzzled by certain recurring glitches.

If you have a crash, please post more details.  What's the faulting module?  Could you send a log to logs at jriver dot com (Help > Logging)?

Has any one exerienced channel swapping? Like you switch it on and the violins are on the right and double basses on the left? First time I heard it I thought I was going crazy ... It is easily rectified by restarting MC, but still a weird experience.

This sounds like a driver issue.

For example, CMedia drivers for HT Omega and Asus hardware have a lot of reports of doing this in ASIO mode.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe

M2Tech in general uses proprietary drivers.
Do they support Win64?

maxim

• Recent member

Matt, Vincent:

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have to confess I don't know much about drivers really.  It looks like the installed driver's name is Young64.sys;  sounds like a win 7/64 driver to me. 

I attach a screenshot of installed drivers.  Does anything look suspicious to you?

I will try to send as much info as I can of a future crash.

MB
Pages: [1]   Go Up