INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *NEW* UpperLeft mini-me Skin (for user testing)  (Read 1727 times)

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
*NEW* UpperLeft mini-me Skin (for user testing)
« on: April 26, 2002, 02:29:57 pm »

Preview:

Okay...UpperLeft v1.0.1 is available HERE for user testing.

You must have MJ version 8.0.253 or higher installed to use this skin.

Please report any funky bugs here...this skin should function the same (for better or worse) as the LowerLeft and LowerRight mini-me skins.

If you want to see/try LowerLeft and LowerRight, check the Accessories > Skins > mini-me area on this site.

tdillard

RE:*NEW* UpperLeft mini-me Skin (for user testing)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 02:55:18 pm »

What can I say. You are the BEST. Been looking for a skin like this, and your others for a long time. Functional, yet small enough as to be out of the way. GREAT JOB!!

geekboy200

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2002, 03:12:42 pm »

So far, so good. Especially nice, because it docks up *against* the bottom edge of my Object Bar, and not under it. Will report any oddities if I encounter any.

RedJ

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2002, 03:27:59 pm »

Been using the LowerLeft since you released it, and it's been working flawlessly for me.  I've switched to this one, just to see if it seems more unobtrusive.  Thanks for the great skin.

phatrabt

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2002, 03:44:21 pm »

ZRocker, this is awesome.  I usually use MJ in Mega-Me mode, but you've given me reason to use Mini-me again...  thanks!

sekim

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2002, 03:52:21 pm »

ZR,

Finally made that hero of the day status. Thanks

Mike

claurika

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2002, 09:28:55 pm »

Can you mke it stay on top?

Claurika

sekim

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2002, 02:31:06 am »

claurika,

Yes, right click on the playlist or any of the other screens and select options from the pop-up menu. There you will find " Always On Top ".

peleton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2002, 07:17:02 am »

Thanks, these "corner"mini-me skins rock.

I only have one small problem/request to do with these (I almost hate to complain at all):

I used to use the "needle xmms" and other old MJ7 mini-skins and the MOST important feature was the ability to adjust the volume using the mouse wheel. -I mean I just had to click on the MJ task-bar icon (or context-switch  using ALT-TAB) and scroll the wheel up or down to change volume.
-I know that the scoll wheel does work in your "corner" mini-skins, but only when the mouse is directly over the volume slider.

Woud it be possible to make them work the old way as described above?

This would then be the PERFECT mini-skin.

Thanks, and keep up the GREAT work.

FYI here are some eg's of the skin I was using:

Cheers

peleton.

Birdie

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2002, 07:19:30 am »

I just discovered your lower left and right skin. Looks and works great.Until now the same for the upper left skin.Fantastic !

ZRocker

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2002, 09:13:07 am »

Peleton,

Volume control in mini-me skins via the mouse wheel is out of the control of the skin writer.  You should request an enhancement directly to the developers of MJ.

peleton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2002, 11:13:16 am »

>Volume control in mini-me skins via the mouse wheel is out of the control of the skin writer. You should >request an enhancement directly to the developers of MJ.

I'll do that.
.....that's interesting because I thought about that as a possible issue with MJ 8.0 affecting the skins,
So I tested my old Needle XMMS mini-skin on MJ8.0.257, (as well as the old MJ and MJPlus mini-skins, and some Winamp skins) and the volume control via mouse wheel thingy worked!

So maybe its something to do with the way MJ8.0 skinning works?

JimH/Matt/Nicolay:
Is there something different about the way MJ8.0 mini-me skins work? -None of the skins that come.have come with MJ8.0.betas  have been able to do the mouse-wheel-volume-thingy Next Page  While if I use an old MJ7.2 skin (with MJ8) it works.!?!

The skins I am talking about are available for download from the MJ site, so could someone else test this behaviour for me. -I am curious as to why it happens at all, -as it was a VERY handly feature.

Ta
peleton

geekboy200

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2002, 05:34:27 pm »

Any chance of getting "mini-me-tv" added to the corner as well (when switching to mini-me mode while TV is on-screen).  Thanks!

ZRocker

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2002, 07:06:59 pm »

G2k,

What happens when you click on the V button in mini-me mode?  I know watching DVD's showup in the Visualization window in mini-me mode, but TV I don't have, so...no idea.

geekboy200

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2002, 08:01:24 pm »

What happens is that I get TV!  DOH!  Hey, quick "fix"! Thanks Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up