INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Streaming to AVR  (Read 1862 times)

hy2a3

DLNA Streaming to AVR
« on: August 05, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »

Hi, any helpful advice would be much appreciated.    I would like to verify that audio data being streamed via DLNA to my Pioneer AVR is precisely what AUDIO PATH is reporting/displaying.  My Setup:  Windows 7 home premium sp1, MC17 version 17.0.151, AVR PioneerVSX-1121k.  Follower of Chris's Computer Audiophile site, I have adhered closely to his Feb 17 2012 article configuring the MC17.

Below is long, so I will get to the question here:  WHEN PLAYING FLAC USING "Player", IS AUDIO DATA AS DESCRIBED BY AUDIO PATH CORRECTLY BEING SENT TO MY PIONEER RECEIVER ?
Under Playing Now, "Player" and "Pioneer" (I named my DLNA device Pioneer) is available.  
I have Player configured with the "Link Zone" option selecting "Link to Pioneer".     Playing a FLAC file using "Player", everything seems fine.  That is, music outputting from AVR, AUDIO PATH lights up with message reporting "no change are being" (this is what is expected), Customize Display showing remaining time, bit depth, sample, bitrate, and channels information.  However, when I play the same FLAC file using "Pioneer" as the player, I get music output, but AUDIO PATH does not function (does not light up and no message), and the Customize Display only gives remaining time and bit depth information.  Sample, bitrate, channels displays as "0".    Also, inspecting the "Pioneer" Link Zone option, it is set at "Link to Player" (this was not intentionally, but was set as result of "Player" Link Zone set at Link to Pioneer.

I have tried the following.  When I remove the "Link to Pioneer" option for "Player", the set up does not work right.    Using "Player" as the player, I do not get music output from AVR, no Audio Path light/information, but all the Customize Display information are showing.   And using "Pioneer" as the player, I get music output from the AVR, but no Audio Path light/information, and Customize Display shows only remaining time and bit depth as realtime data.   I am not sure what is being sent to the AVR>

Thanks for reading, Henry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA Streaming to AVR
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 06:24:33 pm »

Welcome.  Before you continue, download and install the latest from the download page.  It's 17.0.182.

hy2a3

Re: DLNA Streaming to AVR
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:27:16 pm »

Thanks JimH,  Will update to the latest and report back in a 2-3 days on the outcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up