INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DOWNLOAD/RENAME SUBTITLES  (Read 3112 times)

zendoo

• Recent member
DOWNLOAD/RENAME SUBTITLES
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:00:59 pm »

Are you considering making a Download Subtitles function? I would LOOOOOVE this, as many others would too. Opensubtitles is quite wonderful and allows download by programs (using soleol, but as soleol uses my filename to identify the file this becomes a quite bothersome naming and renaming and renaming process)

You could use the NAME tag for the search on opensubtitles (instead of the filename) and rename the downloaded subtitle file same as the movie files FILENAME (PLUS language extension - eg: "blow [United States, 2005, English].fr.srt")

And I might mention again: The rename move and copy files function also renames the subtitle file with the same filename - BUT IT SHOULD ALSO rename the subtitle file with the same filename plus language extentension - I mostly have various subtitle files and thus I need to have them named filename.es.srt; filename.fr.srt and those poor little subtitle files with language extension constantly get left behind when renaming my movies! buuh!

THANKS for all the great work!

koshia

• Recent member
Re: DOWNLOAD/RENAME SUBTITLES
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:32:02 am »

I was thinking about this subject today and thought it would be a nice feature as well.  Often I would find some movies with dialogue that are hard to understand - but often I would like the movie to have subtitles pulled down when I need it as opposed to having to load subtitles for everything in the media library.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:15:52 am »

I have just released a plug-in that does exactly this but it has only been tested on Media Center 18 so I don't know whether it will work with 17 or not. If you want more information please see this thread

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75967.msg514531#msg514531

koshia

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 05:11:25 pm »

I have just released a plug-in that does exactly this but it has only been tested on Media Center 18 so I don't know whether it will work with 17 or not. If you want more information please see this thread

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75967.msg514531#msg514531

pahunt -- your plugin is awesome! Working great, been wanting this and it's been on my wish list for this mediacenter software for quite some time. Keep up the great work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up