INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: volume adjustment option - how does it work?  (Read 1480 times)

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
volume adjustment option - how does it work?
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:24:41 pm »

Hi,

I have searched the wiki and the message boards and can't seem to find a clear answer on how this works.   I have all my files gained by mp3gain prior to importing them into MC17 and don't use the replay gain option for playback through MC17 (although I have audio analyzed all my files with MC17).

I have a new Ipod Classic - and am not having any issues transferring/syncing with MC17 but I was wondering what this option does.  I don't want it to change my files in anyway but would love it if the volume of the files transferred to my ipod were louder.

Thanks in advance.

broncodan

• World Citizen
Re: volume adjustment option - how does it work?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:07:35 pm »

Anyone?

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: volume adjustment option - how does it work?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:55:31 am »

I'm not an expert but I think is this way:

If the dsp option "volume leveling" is marked, MC does the volume level "on the fly" when playing, if is marked in the sync,it will fiscally apply to the synced files, to be able to have same volume on devices that not supports replay gain... your original mp3's files are never affected or changed.  You also can choice between track level or album level (so the dynamic volume of the album its not affected)

With Mp3Gain, I believe it changes your files fiscally in a reversible way, to do the same thing

With MC you don't need to do the mp3 gain step, it does automatically.

If you want your files on the ipod to be louder, but at the same time with the same volume, use the fixed adjustment volume boost inside volume level DSP, see the attachment
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up