INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please fix MC sensitivity to TV recordings with glitches  (Read 1408 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Please fix MC sensitivity to TV recordings with glitches
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:55:34 am »

I use MC to watch movies and recorded TV. Unfortunately I record TV off a roof antenna so sometimes I get a blip or glitch in the recording (the pixaltion, blocks that come when signal strength is weak). When MC encounters these it crashes, or the picture stops and the audio continues, or the picture and audio go out of sync. Sometimes i can restart MC and play the same recordign and it will play through the bad spot.

I have tried Red October Standard and it didn't" seem to make much difference" it's hard to know for sure - but I like/want to use the RO HQ setting. I have submitted a number of logs and postings on this but my problem hasn't gotten much attention.

If there was just some way MC could be more tolerant of these recording glitches my viewing experience would be at 100%. If it can't be fixed, just say so and I'll leave it be.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Please fix MC sensitivity to TV recordings with glitches
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:13:37 am »

Driver problem?   I have a similar weak reception problem, but I've never seen a crash because of it.

If you're not sure whether RO Std is stable, try it until you are.

What version of MC are you using?  What TV tuner?

CountryBumkin

Re: Please fix MC sensitivity to TV recordings with glitches
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 12:38:01 pm »

I'm using the Hauppuage 2250 Tuner. My problem is that OTA recordings don't always have strong signals. I have a signal booster on my antenna too. I think heavy rain storms are the issue. Obviously it's not MC fault - but if the program could be more tolerant it would be great.

Using RO Std still causes MC 17.0.182 to stop working (just not sure if the problem is better with Std.). Also "Crash" my be the wrong term because Windows 7 continues to run. It just MC "has an unexpected error causing it to close", or the picture/audio go out of sync.

Since all of my TV recordings are not bad it's hard to tell when I will encounter the problem until I play the recording. Sometimes I go a couple of days before the issue rears its head. I have been collecting the MC crash reports and have posted a few but I have not heard if there is a fix or if this is even a know problem. Am I the only one seeing this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up