INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here is my list  (Read 2534 times)

Oogi

• World Citizen
Here is my list
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:11:22 pm »

JRiver Team,

Hello.

As imeric said in his reply, I don't see the point in upgrading.

Please note that I love this software and it does help me to organizing my media (400+ Gb of music and 600+ Gb of photos) and it has some very strong tools.

The thing is that it has fundamental flaws, from my point of view.

I will try to describe them and please, let me know what is about to change in MC18 (Who knows, I might upgrade).

(Just for you you know, I am a user since the MJ7 ages, and have purchased keys to MC9,10,11,12,14 and 15)

Here is my list (the important ones):
* When I edit a tag in Hebrew it is shown backwards. Instead of "נאות הכיכר" it shows "רכיכה תואנ". Try to edit "aikavolS" if you miss typed it.
 - It is the same in MC17.
* When I edit photo's tags and change the Country, save, clear the library and import it back, the Country in the tag is empty.
* When I connect my Nokia C7 and go to Drivers & Devices, MC scans my device. It looks like in the attached photo.
* When watching a photo and clicking mouse's 'back' or 'forward' it goes back to library. Why? Double click does it. Why not '1 photo back' and '1 photo forward' (like in many other viewers)?

A must have features (from my point of view):
* When I connect my camera the autoplay of windows pops with a list of importing options with different softwares. Why isn't MC there? Would you be so kind and ad an MC import with flexible rule (ie "E:\Photos\[Camera]\[YYYY_MM_DD]). Or at least a flexible rule for the Acquire Images...
* A Select option is missing. I want the ability to "tick" photos so I can view other photos without loosing my selection.
** Select fields that when acquiring images I will be asked too fill (optionally). I connect my camera, chose to acquire, a popup shows "Album" and "Country", I select "U.K." from the drop-down list (because I already have "U.K." in the library and click "Acquire".
** Time shifting to correct time stamp in tags (as ExifTool does).

Other thoughts:
* When going to Search in Theater View, there is no Hebrew letters though I have it installed in the OS. I do have Spanish and Dutch (?). I have fields in Hebrew, How am I suppose to find them?
 - Is there a way to remove keyboard that I do not want?
* Is there a way to create a "DD/MM/YYYY" field?
* When watching a film and scrolling it zooms the video. Is it useful for anyone? Why not 'volume up/down' as in other players?
* When I install MC and tick the add to quicklaunch, it does not add MC to the Taskbar (Win 7/8).

Thanks for the best - most versatile - software but between MC12 and MC17 nothing has changed and, the perfection is not that far (again, my POV).

Uri.
Thanks

Uri

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Here is my list
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 03:08:07 pm »

You could try MC17.  I believe the Hebrew problem was fixed a few versions ago.

Oogi

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:01:29 am »

You could try MC17.  I believe the Hebrew problem was fixed a few versions ago.

It is the same.
Thanks

Uri

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:05:38 am »

It is the same.
I'm sorry.  If you will start a new thread with some details on what you do to reproduce it, we will fix it now.  Please tell us which version you're using.

Oogi

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 09:01:05 am »

I posted a new topic under MC17 with the Hebrew issue.

What about the other things?

Will some of them find their way to 18?
Thanks

Uri

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 09:28:26 am »

The Hebrew issues were fixed in Theater View Search.  There's a Hebrew keyboard, and the display is correct.

The edit boxes do not yet support RTL text.  We plan to do this for v18 (it's a fairly large change internally).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up