INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question about the Library and Tags  (Read 1219 times)

GaryWW

• World Citizen
Newbie question about the Library and Tags
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:07:02 pm »

I ripped a couple of disks using MC but I cancelled the prompt to get the tag info from the internet because I wanted to use the MyMovies to generate the JRSidecar.xml file. MyMovies did generate the file but MC isn't using it to update the library info (ie. I don't see the info in the JRSidecar.xml being displayed in the GUI). How do I get MC to use the JRSidecar.xml info?

Thanks,
Gary

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie question about the Library and Tags
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:37:26 pm »

Did the sidecars exist when MC first imported the files? If not, I don't think it will automatically import them later. Have you tried Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)?

221bBS

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:24:19 am »

Is the following setting set to "video"?

Options > General > Store tags in external sidecar files if the file type does not support tagging

NickF

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:30:04 am »

I ripped a couple of disks using MC but I cancelled the prompt to get the tag info from the internet because I wanted to use the MyMovies to generate the JRSidecar.xml file.
It doesn't matter if MC gets the info from the Internet first.  MyMovies will overwrite the JRSidecar file but you will then need to Update Library (from tags).

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 10:47:35 am »

Thanks to everyone. That resolved my issue.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up