INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Content from MC server not playable on MC renderer?  (Read 1098 times)

doulos

• World Citizen
Content from MC server not playable on MC renderer?
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:20:20 am »

Hello all,

I have a mkv file stored and catalogued in my MC server (Generic DLNA config). I can browse to it with my (android-based) control point, but when I try to match the available protocols to the renderer (also MC), it turns out that there is no matching mime type. The server only offers one video/x-matroska resource, but that format is not among the 143 formats advertised by the renderer. It seems to me that the server should offer many more formats, in fact all formats it can transcode to. As it stands now, it looks like the MC renderer cannot play the conent served by the MC server.

Am I doing something wrong configuration-wise? Any other hints?

thanks,
chris
MediaSteersman - Your Media at Your Fingertips

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Content from MC server not playable on MC renderer?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:45:39 pm »

Chris,

I assume you are looking at the SourceProtocolInfo and SinkProtocolInfo?

If so, your reasoning is correct and the SinkProtocolInfo should (will) get updated to anything we think we can play and the SourceProtocolInfo will get updated to anything we can transcode to as well as anything we could conceivable send as a mimetype. These have gotten a bit lost in our many format support upgrades. It really would be nice if one could just use a wildcard here, especially in SinkProtocolInfo where we would claim to play anything...

doulos

• World Citizen
Re: Content from MC server not playable on MC renderer?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:41:51 am »

I assume you are looking at the SourceProtocolInfo and SinkProtocolInfo?

correct.

It really would be nice if one could just use a wildcard here, especially in SinkProtocolInfo where we would claim to play anything...

ok, I can always implement the wildcard on my side by adding a profile property "anything goes" for MC renderer. But it would of course be really good in terms of compatibility with other renderer devices, if the server were to advertise its transcoding capabilities as well.
MediaSteersman - Your Media at Your Fingertips
Pages: [1]   Go Up