INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto import gets wrong movie/tv info  (Read 8198 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto import gets wrong movie/tv info
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:50:53 am »

I'm following The Killing (2011). The folder is named "The Killing (2011). Season folders below that with the episodes named "The Killing (2011).s03e01.episodename.etc.mkv.

Each new episode is picked up as TheTVDB Series ID 79689 while it should pick 210171. From TheTVDB there are 2 results, the first is called "The Killing" and the 2nd is called "The Killing (2011)".

So even though all my files and folders are named properly, it still picks the wrong series.

When I correct the series name to "The Killing (2011)", select all episodes and let it grab new info, it grabs the correct series info, but I need to do this for each new episode every week.

I think the auto scrobbler needs to evaluate the literal title (including a year between brackets) and pick the result if a 100% match is found. If that fails it can be less picky but initially I think this is what it should do.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Re: Auto import gets wrong movie/tv info
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:17:03 pm »

I agree

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:41:28 pm »

When I correct the series name to "The Killing (2011)", select all episodes and let it grab new info, it grabs the correct series info, but I need to do this for each new episode every week.

Do it with just one of those files instead, and it'll associate the proper Series ID (which is a relational field in MC) with that [Series], and it'll fix it forever.

The problem is that you're multi-selecting and doing the lookup, which doesn't set [Series ID] properly.  I'd assume this is because the multiple-item lookup both:  (1) doesn't know if you have files from various different series selected and (2) is more conservative about what tags it sets since it doesn't let you pick the proper match.

In any case, just pick any of those files (regardless if they're tagged already or not), do Get TV Info on it and make sure to pick the proper series from the list, and it'll add a relational [Series ID] tag which is used in the future for any file with a matching [Series] tag.  It works brilliantly if you ever have something like this.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:47:27 pm »

PS.  This is also the solution if you DON'T want to include the (2011) part in your [Series] tag.

So, for an example, for a while I was recording the new Hawaii Five-0 remake they're running now (until I actually watched a handful of them and then deleted the rest and cancelled my recording schedule).  But, I didn't want to put (2010) in the Hawaii Five-0 series title to distinguish it from the older series I don't have in my Library.  All I had to do was select one file tagged as:

[Series] = Hawaii Five-0

And do a Get TV Info on it, and pick the right series from the lookup list.  This adds the Series ID from TVDB as the relational field, and then from then on, any show that auto-imported with [Series] = Hawaii Five-0 got properly looked up as the 2010 version from TVDB.

Same thing for shows where you might not like TVDB's naming conventions ("Star Trek: TNG" versus "Star Trek: The Next Generation", Battlestar Galactica or BSG vs "Battlestar Galactica (2003)", "Law & Order: SVU" vs "Law & Order: Special Victim's Unit", and whatnot).

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 01:33:02 pm »

Thanks Glynor.

Unfortunately, I'm either doing something wrong or its not working properly.

I removed season 3 from MC, moved the folder out of auto-import reach.

It was already present, but I selected the pilot episode, did the manual lookup, selected the correct entry from the dialog box and confirmed that the correct series ID is added (210171). I checked the other files and it shows for all the episodes in both seasons (I understand, its relational but I checked it anyways :P).

I removed the sidecar files from season 3 folder and moved it back to the series folder and seconds later "The Killing" appeared as a new series with incorrect episode names and the incorrect TVDB ID (79689).

I then tried again, but after removing Season 3 I renamed the Series in MC to "The Killing", omitting "(2011)". Placing the files back in the Series folder adds them to MC with the correct tags and TVDB ID.

Maybe this series is an exception to the rule?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 04:00:46 pm »

Did you double-remove them from MC?

Removing doesn't remove them completely, and they aren't re-imported from scratch until they are removed from the Deleted Items database.  This is done to avoid having to re-analyze files (and allow the Fix Broken Links thing to do its "moved file" magic).

If you Delete a file from MC, but don't remove it from the hidden Deleted Files database, it is still there in MC and when you re-import it, then it uses the "old" information (regardless of what the Sidecars, Auto-Import Tag on Import rules, Carnac, or anything else would suggest it should).

You can't test Carnac with any file it has ever seen before unless you follow those steps suggested above (and also remove the Sidecar files).

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 01:22:20 am »

No, didn't do that. I thought that was only necessary when I removed files from disk before removing them from MC. I didn't think manually deleting from MC would leave them as deleted files, I'll check it out.

I'll try again when I get home.

Thanks again.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 02:05:24 pm »

I'm afraid its not working.

It keeps importing them as "The Killing" and creating a new Series for the new files.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 02:35:14 pm »

I'm afraid its not working.

It keeps importing them as "The Killing" and creating a new Series for the new files.

Maybe I misunderstand...

Mine are like this.  The episode that just recorded is called:
M:\Recordings\TheKilling-S03E01-TheJungleThatYouFeartheMost-15693420-0.ts
Carnac parses this as:
[Series] = The Killing
[Season] = 3
[Episode] = 1

And, because I have some previous episode in the database already tagged properly as [Series] = "The Killing" and did the manual lookup on it to choose the right series, it gets:
[TheTVDB Series ID] = 210171

That looks up the AMC version of the show properly automatically on import.  I don't have to do anything when they import, and they get the right metadata.  But, I want mine to be called [Series] = "The Killing" (with no year of any kind).  I don't have the original and don't care about it.

If, instead, you want them to auto-parse to use:
[Series] = The Killing (2011)

In other words, including the year in the [Series] tag (which I'm not doing)... The problem is that your filenames as downloaded or recorded or whatever don't include that exact text in a place where Carnac will think it is the Series tag (or, perhaps, it recognizes the Year and assigns it to [Year]).   In any case, when this happens, Carnac won't know to tag them as that on import, so you have to use a Tag On Import rule to rename the Series tag.  This would work:

Tag On Import:
Field: Series
Value: If(IsEqual([Series],The Killing,8),The Killing /(2011/),[Series])

That'll fix it so that ANY file that imports where Carnac sees it as "The Killing" gets auto-retagged as "The Killing (2011)" which will match your other files and then they'll inherit the [TheTVDB Series ID] relational tag, and the lookup will work correctly.

EDIT:  I forgot to escape the parenthesis in my first version of the tag on import rule.  This is nearly identical to the Hawaii Five-0 example I gave in my Tag On Import thread from way back when.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 02:46:44 pm »

PS.  If you're recording them via MC itself, then I can't help you.  I don't think you can override the metadata it gets from the Guide with Tag On Import rules like that.  Perhaps it changed?  I'm not sure...

Re-reading the above... I bet you are downloading them, and the (2011) part is being picked up by Carnac as a [Year] (as I suspected).  No problem, just use the Tag On Import rule I suggested and it should fix you right up.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 03:34:01 pm »

I understand what you're saying but I don't understand why that is happening. It's doing exactly what you say and it 'detects' the "(2011)" as [Date]; the broadcast date gets overridden with "2011".The folder is "The Killing (2011)" and the filename is "The Killing (2011).s03e01.the jungle.720p web-dl.mkv". Straightforward as can be. I name all my folders and files like this, with the series name exactly as it appears on TheTVDB. The metadata scraper should get a 100% hit but decides to pick a lesser hit. In this case its being too smart for its own good.

Honestly, I think carnac should evaluate the literal value first and get smart if that doesn't give a 100% hit. It did the same thing with "Life (2009)" IIRC.

Either way I did follow your tip about the auto-import tag to work around this issue but I'm afraid it's not working either. Maybe its just getting too late. See screenshot. Am I doing something wrong there?

Thanks again, appreciate your help.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 05:23:18 pm »

Yeah, after looking at it more, that's absolutely what's happening.  Carnac detects the filename pattern "(####)" as a year (because that's used commonly for movies).  It is messing you up in this case.  Carnac can't check for the exact match because the Metadata Lookup happens at the end of the chain.  If it didn't, then Tag On Import and everything else wouldn't work to supply information for the Metadata lookup.

So, that rule looks right.  Keep in mind, to test them, you have to remove any files MC has ever seen before from the Deleted Items database.  If it isn't working, then let me know exactly what is happening and we'll figure it out.  But explain your steps in detail.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 01:17:33 am »

Tested it again after checking the import rule.

• I remove the files from MC. Simple select, delete, leave files.
  • I move the files to another disk not in the auto import
  • I remove deleted files with the smartlist ~d=r ~sort=[Filename]
  • I remove the sidecar files from the moved folder (in this case, Season 3 with the first 2 episodes).
  • Double check MC, check deleted files again, check playing now and if the files imported somewhere else accidently
  • Move the folder back to the Series folder
  • Auto import picks them up and places them in Series "The Killing" with TVDB ID "79689" instead of "210171".

For some mysterious reason the import rule isn't doing its magic.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 12:05:13 am »

Can you give real-world filenames for your test examples?  Something funky is happening....  I'm baffled, unless they were somehow still in the database.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 02:14:43 am »

Of course. I gave them in the post above, the folder is "The Killing (2011)" and the filename is "The Killing (2011).s03e01.the jungle.720p web-dl.mkv".

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 06:50:59 am »

Tested it again after checking the import rule.

• I remove the files from MC. Simple select, delete, leave files.
  • I move the files to another disk not in the auto import
  • I remove deleted files with the smartlist ~d=r ~sort=[Filename]
  • I remove the sidecar files from the moved folder (in this case, Season 3 with the first 2 episodes).
  • Double check MC, check deleted files again, check playing now and if the files imported somewhere else accidently
  • Move the folder back to the Series folder
  • Auto import picks them up and places them in Series "The Killing" with TVDB ID "79689" instead of "210171".

For some mysterious reason the import rule isn't doing its magic.

When you did this, did you turn Auto-Import off (temporarily) as step 1?
If not, it could be already re-importing it before you got to the later steps.  Since importing happens at a low thread priority, sometimes it takes a while from when it starts till it shows (seconds, anyway, long enough that you wouldn't notice it instantly).

To accurately test, you have to:

1. Disable Auto-Import.  You can't end-run this by being quick, because the Filesystem events in the Windows API are quicker.
2. Remove the item from MC.
3. Remove the item from the Deleted items database.
4. Delete from disk any JRSidecar.xml file associated with the file.
5. Run Auto-Import Now or re-enable it and wait.

Also, make sure the "Skip for any files that already have a value in this field" option is UNCHECKED for the Tag On Import Rule you created.  That'd break it, because you are testing [Series] and writing to [Series] (so that check would always be TRUE).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 06:58:16 am »

Of course. I gave them in the post above, the folder is "The Killing (2011)" and the filename is "The Killing (2011).s03e01.the jungle.720p web-dl.mkv".

I just recreated it with the same exact Tag On Import rule and a "fake" MKV file renamed to match your example perfectly, and it worked:

And I have no prior files with [Series] = "The Killing (2011)" at all, so it did the series ID lookup all by itself on this one with that Series name (as mentioned, I tag mine just plain-vanilla "The Killing").

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 08:15:53 am »

I assume not, but you didn't leave that import rule in place accidently?

:'(

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 10:33:36 am »

I assume not, but you didn't leave that import rule in place accidently?

What?

The Tag On Import rule is necessary for it to work the way you want it to...  I'm confused.  If you meant my Auto-Import, the file I used had never been seen by MC before.  It was a tester MKV file I have (an episode of Big Bang Theory to be exact) that I just renamed with your example filename and then dropped into a watched folder where I'd added the exact rule I suggested above.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 10:34:40 am »

Check all of this, particularly the bolded section.

When you did this, did you turn Auto-Import off (temporarily) as step 1?
If not, it could be already re-importing it before you got to the later steps.  Since importing happens at a low thread priority, sometimes it takes a while from when it starts till it shows (seconds, anyway, long enough that you wouldn't notice it instantly).

To accurately test, you have to:

1. Disable Auto-Import.  You can't end-run this by being quick, because the Filesystem events in the Windows API are quicker.
2. Remove the item from MC.
3. Remove the item from the Deleted items database.
4. Delete from disk any JRSidecar.xml file associated with the file.
5. Run Auto-Import Now or re-enable it and wait.

Also, make sure the "Skip for any files that already have a value in this field" option is UNCHECKED for the Tag On Import Rule you created.  That'd break it, because you are testing [Series] and writing to [Series] (so that check would always be TRUE).

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 01:00:18 pm »

What?

The Tag On Import rule is necessary for it to work the way you want it to...  I'm confused.  If you meant my Auto-Import, the file I used had never been seen by MC before.  It was a tester MKV file I have (an episode of Big Bang Theory to be exact) that I just renamed with your example filename and then dropped into a watched folder where I'd added the exact rule I suggested above.

Yeh .. oops. Forget about it.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 01:12:06 pm »

Check all of this, particularly the bolded section.

It's working.

I'm not sure what I did differently yesterday but I must have messed up somehow.

Thanks again, Glynor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up