INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ongoing Import Problems  (Read 1501 times)

JamieShanks

• Recent member
Ongoing Import Problems
« on: August 16, 2012, 03:59:02 am »

Hey everyone,

I hoped someone could shed some light on an odd problem I'm having with MC17.

I have particular tracks on albums that consistently don't import.  I'm not sure how many there are, as it's only when I play an album I notice a track is missing - but at least two albums so far. 

No matter what I do, these particular tracks won't show up in MC17.

The folder they're in is included in the auto-import list.  I've also tried manually adding them, and also deleting the whole album from the library and re-adding it.  I've tried doing "update library from tags".

However, this is not the issue with MC17 losing track of files it thinks are bad for whatever reason - the list of "bad" files that are reported after the import wizard runs does not include the missing files - it's as though MC17 simply can't see these files.

The file path and names aren't longer than tracks which are imported. 

The files are apple lossless m4a and play in VLC and iTunes.

Also, another copy of MC17 running on a different computer, pointed to the same files over the network, does import the full album properly.

Has anyone seen this before, or know what might be the problem, because I've been going around and around with it and can't work out what's gong on!

Many thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Ongoing Import Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 11:57:14 am »

Have you looked in the Removed list (~d=r) and is the option "Ignore files previously removed from the library" set?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JamieShanks

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »

Hey MrC,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry I took a couple of days to get back to you.

"Ignore files previously removed from the library" is not set.

Removed list: assuming I've done this right - that I make a new smart playlist, pick the "custom" rule, and make the rule "(~d=r)" - then no, the files don't show up in this list.

Is that what you expected?

I found a third album too, by the way, which is mp3s, not aac, so it isn't just apple lossless files being odd.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:14:55 am »

If you drag and drop the file into Media Center from Explorer, will it play?

If not, could you provide a sample to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JamieShanks

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 12:50:48 am »

Hey Matt, thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Just before I go emailing multi-mb lossless files around the place and jamming your inbox...

On the problem computer/library, when I drag to playing now I get "Playback failed: The media types of the selected files are not supported for playback (<none.)"  It also clears the playing now playlist, if that means anything.

When I do this to the same file, over the network, on a different computer/library, it plays.

I'm guessing there's no point sending the music file and I should just assume some kind of corruption and delete the library?

But before I do, if anything is useful for bug-hunting or curiosity, let me know and I can send it.

Thanks for the help!

JamieShanks

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 05:56:48 am »

For anyone looking at this with a similar problem:

Clearing the library and re-importing everything seems to have fixed this. 

If you are - using "File-Library-Clear Library" seems to keep the DLNA views (and I assume others) intact, while deleting the library in the Library Manager seems to remove views.

Also if the developers see this, I wondered if there may still be a problem with auto-import and files being copied into place slowly.  There's a couple of threads about auto-import and MC incorrectly thinking files still being copied when it tries to import are corrupt, and then not re-trying.  The latest releases were supposed to have this fixed, but the only thing I can see I was doing that was odd was having "run auto-import in the background" set while copying lossless files from several albums at a time over a wifi network (so big files, in chunks of 1-2 GB at a hit).  Doing 6+ albums together consistently caused problems (I did it twice before clearing the library to check and got missing tracks both times).   

Thanks for the help Matt and MrC 

Pages: [1]   Go Up