INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the perfect tablet size?  (Read 1398 times)

Bjorn

• Junior Woodchuck
What's the perfect tablet size?
« on: August 17, 2012, 04:17:30 pm »

I'm planning to buy a tablet (Android or W8) to use as a remote in near future. What is the preferable size for remote use?
Google Nexus is 7". Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF300T is 10.1". Both of these and possibly coming W8 tablets are of interest.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What's the perfect tablet size?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »

I use several and they all have advantages.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note.  It has a 5 1/4 inch screen, and I can use it without glasses.  It's always available.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1.  It's a nicer remote. I use it a lot.  But if I'm on the couch, I have to go look for it.

I've tried a couple of 7 inch tablets, too.  They're fine.

Sorry not to be more helpful, but I think they all work well.

Bjorn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 02:22:40 am »

Do you feel 5 1/4" is too small to go through or give an overview of the library? Is 10.1" too big to have in the hands or to look at close distance?

It's finding the right size for remote use for JRiver I'm really wondering about. Difficult to know when one hasn't tried.

RC23

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 02:31:03 pm »

I had a test with a 8" tablet for one week. The result was that I have sent back the tablet because it is to small for a fine coach web browsing. The right size is 10" as iPad first, second and 3rd generation. Weight and usabilty for web browsing as handheld solution is here optimal. JRiver benefits from the bigger monitor size.

I will go with a 10" Android model which comes with Android 4.1 known as Jelly Bean.  Jelly Bean delivers a flawless tablet use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up