INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix questions  (Read 1366 times)

krmilkman

Netflix questions
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:04:21 pm »

So I have tried several Media Center programs and JRiver being the latest. The one thing I would love to get to work 100% is Netflix. Every program that I have tried almost always works the same. Everytime I open Netflix it opens in a IE window in the background... it plays the movies just fine but then when over and you want to go back to MC you have to F4 the windows and then your back in if it doesn't freeze. I'm I missing something? I use MC for my movies and music but I love my Netflix also, the only things that run Netflix flawless are XBox or BlueRay Player or my TV.

Also when playing music (in Theatre Mode) and while the music is playing... going back and forth through the menus MC will freeze up, the music still playing but I can't do anything but force close.

Is there any plans for a Ubuntu release?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: NOOBIE questions!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:08:26 pm »

If you're in the U.S., Netflix should work perfectly from Theater View.  It won't open a new window.  Just press stop when it's finished.

krmilkman

Re: Netflix questions
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:29:48 pm »

Sorry for the delay, But I am in the US and also Theater view. But I didn't click the stop button and clicked on the back button in the top left. When I click that it closes the video and shows my log in through an IE webpage and then I have to ALT4 to get out because I can't see the toolbars. When I close the program JRiver locks up and I have to force close.

Really want to buy this program but whats the point if I have to watch Netflix through my XBox.

ALSO I noticed that Hulu is the regular Hulu not the PLUS version, is there an add-on for this or am I missing something?

Thanks.

krmilkman

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:35:21 pm »

Really, no response.... I'm interested in buying the program .... but support is lacking?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 04:29:44 pm »

The problem with the browser was in an older version of MC17.  Try updating to the current build.  It's 17.0.184, available at the top of the MC17 board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up