INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I back up all my settings for an OS reinstall?  (Read 5999 times)

CZ Eddie

• Junior Woodchuck
How do I back up all my settings for an OS reinstall?
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:04:16 pm »

I need to reinstall my operating system.

I've got JRiver 17 set up exactly the way I want, but it took a LONG time to get it this way.  Going through all the custom settings, etc. and changing things around.
Is there any way to back up my configuration as-is or to possibly export all my custom settings?

I only use JRiver for watching BlueRay movies if that helps.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: How do I back up all my settings for an OS reinstall?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:34 pm »

A library backup file contains almost everything that you will need: the library and the settings that are stored in the registry. Create a new library backup file and copy it to a safe location. (File > Library > Back Up Library...) If you have more than one libraries you must load and back up each library separately.

A library backup file does not include the possibly installed plug-ins, cover art, skins and anything else you may have in C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\... (Windows 7 or Vista) or C:\Documents & Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 17\... (XP). Back up the files manually if needed.

Naturally a library backup file also does not include any actual media files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

CZ Eddie

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How do I back up all my settings for an OS reinstall?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:05:26 pm »

Thank you :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up