INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Navigation  (Read 2041 times)

Jong

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View Navigation
« on: August 26, 2012, 05:12:03 am »

Also fix 'bug' where TAB and Shift-TAB both do the same thing in TheaterView. Shift-TAB should cycle the opposite way through menus.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Theater View Navigation
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 06:01:40 am »

Also fix 'bug' where TAB and Shift-TAB both do the same thing in TheaterView. Shift-TAB should cycle the opposite way through menus.
You can use the right and left arrow keys.

Jong

Theater View Navigation
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 06:44:17 am »

You can use the right and left arrow keys.
No Jim, I am talking about moving between the three menus levels typically visible in TheaterView - the top menu, the submenu and the 'main' view window. The arrow keys are mainly used to navigate within a menu. TAB and alt-TAB can be used to cycle through the menus. I know up/down also works between the first two and the main view, but that breaks down if you are someway down a main view. Then, if you wish to change the main view and you want to use the arrow keys, you have to first scroll to the top of the view. TAB lets you jump straight to the other menus. The only problem is both TAB and alt-TAB cycle the same way though the menus which is not consistent with MC documentation and needlessly awkward.

I have heard it said that Theaterview is not even supposed to support TAB, but that fact is it does and it is very useful if, like many of us, you use a full AV remote like the Harmony.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Theater View Navigation
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 06:57:14 am »

No Jim, I am talking about moving between the three menus levels typically visible in TheaterView - the top menu, the submenu and the 'main' view window. The arrow keys are mainly used to navigate within a menu. TAB and alt-TAB can be used to cycle through the menus. I know up/down also works between the first two and the main view, but that breaks down if you are someway down a main view. Then, if you wish to change the main view and you want to use the arrow keys, you have to first scroll to the top of the view.

Left arrow will take you there.

Jong

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:41:02 am »

Thanks Jim, I will try. But still more key presses if you do not have the left most item in the menu currently selected and it does not alter that TAB and shift-TAB should move in opposite directions, that they do in standard view but not in Theaterview.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:59:45 am »

I don't disagree.  I'm just giving you another solution.  Once you become accustomed to it, it's simple to hit left two or three times.  You can also just hold down left to get to the main menu.  Or you can hit F11 a couple of times.  Or you can use the Green Button to get to the main menu.

Jong

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 12:16:41 pm »

Thanks Jim for taking the time. It's not a big deal I accept. Just thought I'd flag it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up