INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost audio from speakers  (Read 824 times)

Pablow

• Recent member
  • Love and enjoy Music
Lost audio from speakers
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:47:33 am »

After converting library to all MP3 files for use in a portable flash drive for my car sound system. Home computer library playing through MC17 shows activity on internal sound card yet no sound from external speakers...all connections are made. I have an internal M Audio sound card and have direct Sound chosen as output. realteck is also in there just to really confuse me I've tried all combinations..still no sound from speakers. this has me scratching my head????
from my silent living room
Pablow

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lost audio from speakers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:25:56 am »

With Direct Sound as your output option, the Windows volume control will be active. Is this turned up?

When you say "MC17 shows activity on internal sound card" what do you mean?  How are you seeing this?

Nick.

HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Pablow

• Recent member
  • Love and enjoy Music
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:01:48 pm »

Nick,
somehow i had set the windows run "Sound" to my MAudio. I didn't realize that this is the final output setting instead of what is processing the signal, ya unnerstand. so i set it to the realteck speake..............................r glorious music again. Thanks
re: where i saw ir working in MC17 was the "VU" meter or mixer volume.
Regards
Pablo

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:46:26 am »

Your M-Audio should support ASIO and/or WASAPI.  Select WASAPI in Tools >Options> Audio > Output Mode.  Select your M-Audio WASAPI device in Output Mode Settings.  This will bypass the Windows audio and will give you better quality sound.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up