INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert All Video to MP4 for JRemote  (Read 2355 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Convert All Video to MP4 for JRemote
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:16:59 pm »

The killer control point JRemote (iOS app) will now play video if it is MP4 format.

Note on set-up:
"Server" in office running MC Server at all times.  All media is connected here.
"HTPC" (where i do all home listening and watching) shares the library from "Server".  No media connected.

Is there a way that any video sent out from my "Server" can convert prior to sending?  I see I can change from the HTPC side "When connected to a library server", from my "HTPC".  I tired changing this "Server" but I think this is only for receiving Video???

So I guess 2 questions:
1) Can I have Server always convert to MP4?
2) Does the Video Setting for "When connected to a library server" only apply to the client machine?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Cheers,
Patrick

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

bob

• Administrator
Re: Convert All Video to MP4 for JRemote
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 04:52:29 pm »

We're working in that area right now, you can't do it currently. The Apple devices require a somewhat different approach to be able to stream the resulting MP4 so that will be somewhat longer off...

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 05:45:16 pm »

Thanks Bob! 

Do you know about:
2) Does the Video Setting for "When connected to a library server" only apply to the client machine?

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:46:29 am »

Thanks Bob! 

Do you know about:

-Patrick
Hi Patrick,

That should only apply to the client machine, the behavior is undefined if you are connecting with JRemote through the client to your server. It's possible that you'd end up with a mp4 in the client library that might then play on your JRemote however since that mp4 format isn't streamable you'd still need to wait until the conversion finished to play it.

I just tried playing some mp4 with JRemote on a iPhone 3gs without success. What do you do to get it to play? I'm wondering if we can tweak the conversion a bit and perhaps JRemote can use the mpeg4 in a mpegts container that we use to play on Android...

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 08:03:50 pm »

Bob,

thanks for the info.  FYI, I haven't tried connecting through the client machine.  The client machine is typically off when I am streaming remotely.  Only the server is on 24/7.  The Client is only running when I am listening to music at home.  And I guess I should clarify that i dont stream to JRemote when I am home.  That is what the HDTV is for!

I didn't do anything special to make an MP4 video stream to JRemote.  I only have 3 or 4 of them but they all work remotely.

Cheers!
patrick

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:56:53 am »

Bob,

thanks for the info.  FYI, I haven't tried connecting through the client machine.  The client machine is typically off when I am streaming remotely.  Only the server is on 24/7.  The Client is only running when I am listening to music at home.  And I guess I should clarify that i dont stream to JRemote when I am home.  That is what the HDTV is for!

I didn't do anything special to make an MP4 video stream to JRemote.  I only have 3 or 4 of them but they all work remotely.

Cheers!
patrick
Interesting... Can you tell me the codecs in your mp4 container files that work for playback through JRemote? The dimensions would be nice too... Thanks.

pcstockton

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 12:26:32 pm »

Bob,

I would be happy to....  can you tell me how I figure that out?  i am a video idiot.

Compression: mp4 video (video: AVC1, audio: MP4AAC)
720 x 404
FPS: 23.97601999999 etc.

Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers!
Patrick

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 12:35:37 pm »

Bob,

I would be happy to....  can you tell me how I figure that out?  i am a video idiot.

Compression: mp4 video (video: AVC1, audio: MP4AAC)
720 x 404
FPS: 23.97601999999 etc.

Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers!
Patrick
Yes, that's exactly it. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up