INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music files deleted from disk (files common to iTunes and JR MC)  (Read 686 times)

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen

Hi,

Currently on JR MC 17.0.184 on Win 7 X64 PC

I've noticed that my music library is missing several (so far >20) tracks.  The files are no longer on the physical disk (either in their original location or in the recycle bin)   Both iTunes and JR MC have access to the same files & I think all were ripped using iTunes (as .M4A) or purchased from the apple store.  I first noticed the issue several months ago (on earlier versions of JR MC and iTunes) & thought it was an isolated incident

The files all appear to have been songs that one time or another have been in MC playlists, and were being played significantly more frequently than other tracks.  The missing files present as a missing track from an album (eg have tracks 1- 6, missing 7 & then have all the rest.  It's not the same track number each time)

I initially thought I may have accidently deleted the files when deleting a playlist, however as I find more missing files I think this is unlikely (& not all tracks in a deleted playlist get deleted from the disk)

To help isolate the issue I've commenced re-ripping my music library as FLAC.  JR MC is configured to monitor the FLAC location, iTunes is not.  At this stage I've not noticed any FLAC files go missing.

The HDD the files are on is healthy.

Whilst I dont have any proof I suspect iTunes may be deleting the files if it considers them corrupt.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Are there any options in JR MC that would assist investigation (eg date / time stamp of when JR MC noticed the file was missing)?

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up