INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Radio  (Read 1202 times)

pluto

• World Citizen
Internet Radio
« on: August 30, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »

Having recently signed up as a subscriber to Jazzradio.com, I discover that the premium (high quality) service works by providing each subscriber with a unique code consisting of a dozen or so characters: they call this a "listen key", which forms part of the URL used to access the channel you want.

So, I prepared a playlist consisting of thirty-odd URLs, each containing my unique listen key. All was fine until I needed to change my listen key, a job that proved a right pain...

So - is there a way of referencing the unique key just once so that, when it changes, only one change needs to be made instead of changing every single URL which includes that key?

Is there a better way of storing a large quantity of radio URLs that would entertain the above concept? All options considered!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Internet Radio
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 12:04:04 am »

Try this.

Show the items in the playlist in a file list view, and add Web Media URL as a column.  Select all the URLs in the playlist.  Now use the Find & Replace tool to replace the old key with the new one from the Web Media URL field.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up