INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature: Auto-Import Configuration Profiles  (Read 1286 times)

tgarratt

• Recent member
Feature: Auto-Import Configuration Profiles
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:24:45 am »

Hi! Been using MC for over a year now. It's my exclusive media player, and am very pleased that it can handle my library so effectively.

Recently just built a little HTPC, and it works flawlessly. Every now and then I put new media on the internal 3TB drive. I'd like to run an auto-import, which sets up media sub types and various tags for certain folders.

However I do not want it to scour my NAS every single time, which I use for archive purposes. In fact, to acknowledge that it's for archive would be good too. The ability to choose a "NAS" or "Local" or "Only video" profile for the Auto-Import means that when I add a couple of movies MC doesn't have to search through a 600gb MP3 archive etc.

Apologies if this has already been requested, I searched but couldn't find anything like it...

Looking forward to MC18!

Thanks, Tom

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature: Auto-Import Configuration Profiles
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:22:23 am »

I must say that I like this idea also.  I often want to rush the autoimport to rescan either movies or tvshows and leave out the much more laborious music directory.  There is the import a single folder which is not really too much of a burden, but still a few extra bullets in that big options window would be nice (but obviously not essential).

Craig

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature: Auto-Import Configuration Profiles
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 05:19:43 am »

I think that MC only looks for directories and media that contains changed or added data. It should not read through all of the media.
So, I do not exactly see the need for this.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up