INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dolby TrueHD (.thd) file in MC  (Read 3075 times)

DangerJP

• World Citizen
Dolby TrueHD (.thd) file in MC
« on: September 01, 2012, 08:52:38 am »

Hi,

I've recently bought DVD Audio Extractor which is now compatible with Blu-ray discs.

I've ripped the multi-channel track of the Leonard Cohen ''Songs From The Road'' Blu-ray disc, which is identified as TrueHD (96 kHz 6 ch).

The output files are .thd files.

Does MC handle .thd files ?

I've tried to import them with the 'Import Single Folder' command with no success.

I could probably convert these files or directly use DVD Audio Extractor to output them as flac files, but I would like to keep them in their original format.

Thanks !

jp

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dolby TrueHD (.thd) file in MC
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »

I also have a TrueHD audio track (movie soundtrack ripped from Blu-ray) and didn't get it to play in MC. Imported it through drag-n-drop from explorer into MC, but it imported as data. Changed Media Type to Audio, still when I tried playing it the Windows dialog asking which program I want to use to open the file appeared.

Tried changing the extension to .ac3, but MC still wouldn't play it (internal MC error message).

Your best bet is probably to use mkvmerge (part of mkvtoolnix) to put the file in a MKV container, unless somebody know of a file extension that lets MC play the file. Putting it into a MKV container shouldn't convert or change the audio format in any way.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

DangerJP

• World Citizen
Re: Dolby TrueHD (.thd) file in MC
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 01:29:03 pm »

Thanks Audunth !

I will certainly try that solution !

jp
Pages: [1]   Go Up