INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: x10 remote questions  (Read 1404 times)

h3dge

x10 remote questions
« on: April 24, 2002, 10:59:36 am »

I recently purchased Sonic Link from Turtle Beach and it came with an x10 remote.  Imagine my joy when I found out there was a plug in for MJ.  So, I am looking to use this remote to control other applications as well and was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions?  I am looking for an application that hangs around in the system tray and monitors input from the remote.  I would like to assign different applications to different keys on the remote, so that I could launch programs from the remote.  

Also, fast forward and rewind don't appear to work in MJ.  Is there a way to do these functions, or are they just unavailable?

Thanks,

-h3dge

cjdshaw

RE:x10 remote questions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 11:05:20 am »

The best programme to do what you're after is Girder:

http://www.girder.nl

You can use it to assign keys on the remote to keyboard presses, mouse movements, applications, Windows functions and lots more.

To fast forward and rewind, use Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right. Girder can map these to remote buttons, of course. If you're a mousey person, you can also hold down the next/previous track buttons.

nila

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2002, 04:38:46 pm »

Hey shaw - U seem to be fairly clued up on it.

I downloaded and installed Girder - I have a Hauppauge remote I got with my WinTV Theatre card.
The remote isn't mentioned in the list of inputs - how could I find out if Girder supports it? Possibly through one of the other inputs it has named??
and how'd I get it to then work to control my computer Next Page)

Thanks for any and all help

Nila

cjdshaw

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2002, 11:21:42 pm »

I'm afraid Girder doesn't support the Hauppauge remote at the moment. See here:

http://www.girder.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119&highlight=hauppauge

There's another programme called UIce ( http://www.mediatexx.com/ )that does, but it's shareware. I haven't used it myself, so I can't advise on how good it is. I have a Hauppauge remote I don't use, instead I bought an IrMan ( http://www.evation.com/ ) which works like a dream.

Sorry, I know this isn't the answer you wanted.

nila

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 12:57:18 am »

Wahey - I've got it working more or less.

THANKS for all the help Next Page

nila

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2002, 02:34:36 am »

Yoho ho - It's workin Next Page
That program is not bad (Universal Infrared Control Engine).
One thing though, it has options to pass parameters to the current window or to a specific program.
I've tried making it pass parameters to Media Jukebox directly to control the songs - ie. ctrl|PLS|p to pause it etc and it wont work.
I have to make it send it to the foremost app.
It'd be nice if they could be sent directly to media player so that I could control it no matter what the computer had on it.
Just an idea Next Page

P.S. - If either of you two flashy OP's have a web cam or digital camera - how about a screen shot of your setup's Next Page
It'd be cool to see how the boys with some cash do it.

Oh yeah, and another thing, it'd be nice to be able to assign shortcut keys to particular playlists to be able to play the particular playlist easily (ctrl|PLS|1 = recently imported, ctrl|PLS|2 = my favourite tunes etc. etc.)
And what are the keyboard shortcuts to play a whole library?
Like I can set up the shortcut to select a library but how do I then use keys to move all these items into the playlist.

nila

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2002, 03:07:14 am »

Wahey - Been playing for hours now and can now browse my albums, jump from left to right side of the screen (only works if Media Jukebox is full sized as is done with mouse positions), open up right click button and choose where to go and then select whatever I want from that menu.
I can also, play, pause, rewind, forward, mute, volume up and down.

THANK YOU for starting this post!!

wahey!!

cjdshaw

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2002, 10:08:43 am »

Tab will jump from left to right of screen, although it does sometimes get stuck, particularly with playlists.

You can jump to a particular playlist by pressing Ctrl-4, then the first few letters of it's name, then Return. Similarly, you can play all tracks with Ctrl-3 then Return.

Glad to be of assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up