INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pat357 from Doom9 Forum : "Things I don't like about MC17"  (Read 3030 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Pat357 from Doom9 Forum : "Things I don't like about MC17"
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:51:52 pm »

Instead of answering some of these in the madVR Thread (would be off topic) I thought I'd copy it over to here and answer the Q:

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1589554&postcount=13796

Quote from: Pat357;1589554
J River MC 17 is a nice player indeed, but what I don't like about it :
- They hide the MadVR seek-bar in FSE, which I really miss
- Using their control when MadVR is in FSE makes MadVR switch to "Windowed mode" each time and it drops 20-30 frames when jumping back in FSE.
  This happens also when I accidentally hover my mouse in the upper zone from my screen (where J.R.'s control is hiding).
- It has some unusual keyb. shortcuts : to stop a playing movie, you have to press "<ctrl> + S", I mean 2 buttons for the most evident action, common :p
- I still didn't figure out how to frame-step (=stepping frame by frame forwards or backwards). Is important to analyze a piece of content.
- You loose control over lavvideo/lavaudio : you can't reach their settings anymore via DS - Filters -> lavvideo.  Configuration from LAV is done exclusive by MC only.

Here are the "bits" I can shed some light on - I'm sure others will do the rest:
- MC's own OSD does not push madVR out of FSE.  You can access this with either a the Up or Down Keys on the Remote Control or the Keyboard
- To STOP a movie I just press the Stop button on either my Remote Control or the Keyboard (if you have one with Multi Media Keys).  Similar with other buttons and controls
- In Tools --> Options --> General Video Settings --> Video Mode, you can select the "Advanced --> Custom" where you can then add your own LAV filters and play / tweak options.  The Std Setup "RO" and "RO HQ" works for most (including myself now) but for tweakers you can still play!   

JRiver CEO Elect

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Pat357 from Doom9 Forum : "Things I don't like about MC17"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:26:45 am »

The jumping out of FSE to windowed mode thing was an issue way back when MadVR was first introduced, and was sorted within a build or ten, which makes me wonder if Pat357 is running an old build?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 01:21:10 am »

It does still jump out of FSE if you use the Mouse to access either the Right Click menu or (as I expect Pat is referring to) the top seek and playback control bar that a mouse hover exposes.
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 02:11:27 am »

The frame-step slow mo feature is a good idea and one myself and others have requested too. It might be on Matt's long list of "good intentions" for v18 :)
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 06:14:09 am »

That switching to windowed mode is something that bothered me as well but I always thought it was something with my configuration. Maybe it still is, but at least now I know its not just me :).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 12:35:49 pm »

The frame-step slow mo feature is a good idea and one myself and others have requested too. It might be on Matt's long list of "good intentions" for v18 :)
It's something we should do.  Bump this if necessary.

pat357

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 12:37:18 pm »

That switching to windowed mode is something that bothered me as well but I always thought it was something with my configuration. Maybe it still is, but at least now I know its not just me :).

Well, the switching to "windowed" mode happens when i use the mouse and go too the border of the screen : the MC control that pops up (upper-site of screen) causing the "switch mode".

However, when you press [up] or [down] arrow on the keyboard, you get something alike the MadVR toolbar, but stay in FSE (no jumping out of FSE).

That's already another issue I can remove from my list  :)  oh,.. in fact another 2 issues can be already removed,
the issue I had with the choice of the keyb. shortcuts is also almost solved, just still got to define my own shortcuts.

Now only the issue with the frame-stepping (forwards/backwards).
Pages: [1]   Go Up