INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send to mobile device with conversion results in missing tags  (Read 2375 times)

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
Send to mobile device with conversion results in missing tags
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:34:04 pm »

Today I have used the 'Send To > Drives & Devices' function for the 1st time to store some material directly on one of my android tablets.
All of the source material used was in FLAC format and tagged correctly.  I set the option in MC to convert to MP3 format using the LAME encoder. The output MP3's had no tags present at all, is this expected behaviour?

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Send to mobile device with conversion results in missing tags
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 09:28:01 am »

BUMP  ?

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 01:18:41 pm »

Not as far as I know.
I sync FLAC to the Android and all tags are preserved.

If you copy an MP3 back from mobile to JRiver, are the tags still missing?

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 03:14:29 am »

The FLAC source is being converted to MP3 by MC before sync, there are no tags present in the output MP3 at all.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 03:36:24 am »

Could a Dev please comment on this issue so I at least know whether this is an issue with MC or just my particular installation.

Thanks

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 11:16:12 am »

I can't reproduce the problem here.  I tried sending a flac file to an android tablet with conversion set to mp3.  The file shows up with tags intact.  Does the file in MC show a stack icon next to it?  If so, you could unstack it, delete the stacked converted mp3 file, and try again.  If that works you may have had some files in conversion cache that were missing tags for some reason.  If you still get no tags, I wonder if there's an issue with the format of the flac files.  Send one if possible to johnt at jriver dot com.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 12:55:58 pm »

Hi John, I only see stack icons briefly during the downloading/conversion process, not sure if this is normal behaviour or not  ?

The flac files are ripped from CD using EAC, then I usually check the tags over and add cover art with MP3Tag before copying over to the storage server. MC always see's these tags fine and I have never encountered a problem with tags until I attempted to convert to MP3 for the tablet.
I have sent samples to your email address, the original and converted files.

cheers  8)

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:08:54 am »

I synced your flac sample to my Samsung S2 and it converted to mp3 with good tags, so I'm not sure what's going wrong on your tablet.  Are you on the latest build (186)?  Does the problem occur on all syncs or just with a particular device?

When you sync the file, do you see a "Converting..." status going from 1 to 100% in the list view prior to the "Uploading..." status?  If not, it's transferring a file from the conversion cache which may be missing the tags for some reason.  Right click on the file and select Stacks / Unstack, then delete the converted mp3 version of the file and try transferring again.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 11:52:54 am »

I have had time to investigate this further today and so have further information...

When I was originally sending albums to the tablet it was connected via USB to a laptop which was then connected to the main MC library containing all my media over my local network. Today I connected the tablet directly to the main MC Server, logged in remotely via VNC and sent a test album to the tablet - Bingo!

So the issue is actually only present when sending tracks to my android device from a remote library, I hope this makes sense.

cheers

EDIT: yes I am using the lastest build (186) on both machines

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 03:16:57 pm »

This will be fixed in the next build, thanks for the reporting.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »

No problem John, thanks  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up