INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching output (as on an AVR)  (Read 727 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Switching output (as on an AVR)
« on: September 06, 2012, 12:45:20 am »

Hi Matt,

I was wondering if it would be possible (if not in v17 then v18) to be able to switch output from e.g. analog to hdmi instantly?
My "problem" with zones in this regard is that if I link them two streams will run at the same time. No problem for music but for television, dvd and blu-ray movies it eats a lot of resources.

The feature would work something like if a dvd-player is connected to the AVR with both HDMI and analog cables. With the press on a button I can switch between the two output-modes.

The reason I ask is for usability reason (WAF). Let's for instance say my wife is watching news on the television (sound send to the TV via HDMI). Then she decides to turn on the AVR because next up is a movie. It would require her to stop the television stream, go to "Playing now" or "More" (in theater view) push the "AVR-zone" (setup to output via analog cables), press back, go to TV Guide etc.

An instant push on a button that moves the current playing "item" to another zone, closing the old zone and moving to the new zone would be nice in this regard. Is it something you would consider?

Best regards,
Mikkel
Pages: [1]   Go Up