INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Sleep and TV Recording  (Read 1138 times)

DwestSeattle

• Recent member
Question about Sleep and TV Recording
« on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:45 am »

Lets say I'm done watching TV and want to put my HTPC to sleep.

but what i don't know is that MC is using tuner #2 to record a program.

If I hit the sleep button on my PC or Media Center remote, what will happen?  Will the PC go to sleep and stop recording?  Will it warn me?  Will it do nothing?

For that matter, is there any status icon or setting anywhere that tells me whether or not recording TV is active?  On the satellite or cable DVR boxes there is usually a red LED on the front panel that tells you.  Is there something like that for JRiver MC?

knobblywobbly

• Recent member
Re: Question about Sleep and TV Recording
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:00:20 am »

Bump!

I was just about to ask the same questions.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 06:30:48 am »

Well, for question number one, I don't know what will happen if you put your computer to sleep while it is recording, but it seems like a fairly easy test to run.

On the second question, I don't know of any way to check in theater view (but I know it has been requested a few times), but in standard view: go to Drives & Devices - Television.  You will see icons next to each show that is being recorded.  You can also select the 'To Be Recorded' view and it will show only the shows scheduled to be recorded and if there is something recoding currently it will indicate 'Showing' in the Time column

You can also select 'Show Status...' from TV Options and it will show you what each tuner is doing.

I hope this helps,

Alex

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 12:19:16 pm »

Lets say I'm done watching TV and want to put my HTPC to sleep.

but what i don't know is that MC is using tuner #2 to record a program.

If I hit the sleep button on my PC or Media Center remote, what will happen?  Will the PC go to sleep and stop recording?  Will it warn me?  Will it do nothing?
I did a quick test and, for a recording in progress, the PC would not sleep.  It did log off but the recording continued.

I also checked for a scheduled recording which was timed to record whilst the PC was in sleep.  The scheduled program recorded OK.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up