INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexpected behavior with Back-to-Back recordings  (Read 993 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Unexpected behavior with Back-to-Back recordings
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:35:38 am »

I have back-to-back recordings in the same channel each 1-hour long.  When I play back the second recording it lists the duration of the recording as 2 hours and if I tell it to "Start From Beginning" it starts playing the first show?  Is this the intended behavior because this causes all kinds of confusion?  It would be best to be able to separate the recordings and use different tuners if available.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Unexpected behavior with Back-to-Back recordings
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 09:36:52 am »

This is not the desired behavior.  I will check to see if there is any quick fix. 

As for using a different tuner to such situation, it is not a good idea.  Most people want to use as few tuners as possible.  Imagine at one moment there is a "free" tuner to record the second show, but five minutes later that tuner is needed for a third show, on a different channel, but you have used it for the second show unnecessarily.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Unexpected behavior with Back-to-Back recordings
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:06:05 am »

The other thing that caused me to notice this is that I get a "restart/resume" prompt on the second show even when I haven't watched any of it before.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up