INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and sleepmode  (Read 3294 times)

basso

JRiver and sleepmode
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:38:20 am »

Hello
My problem is that Windows is about to play during the streaming of audio tracks goes into power save mode and it stops.  :-[
Would be very glad if you could help me that JRiver stream could keep the computer awake.
Thank you a lot and kind regards ;D
[/quote]

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRiver and sleepmode
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:05:57 am »

Welcome.

You mean Media Center is acting as a server?

Currently it's not supported to configure a server to auto-sleep.  We hope to remove this limitation in a future version (it's a little tricky because DLNA has a lot of network chatter, and we need to only stay awake for the important chatter).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

basso

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:53:09 am »

Thank you for the answer.
Sorry just for to check. It means until now any server (for example Generic dlna, nevo, j.River id etc.) in the j.River Programm can wake up the Computer?? That`s correct?? ?
Thank you

Ps: Sorry for my english ::) 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 10:57:03 pm »

If the machine is a server, you will need to leave it on.  So turn off auto-sleep on the server.

I manually sleep my server most nights.  Gizmo and Media Center can wake it up using Wake on LAN.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

basso

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:38:49 am »

thanks Matt
Yes Gizmo can make a "wake on lan". But if the computer is set to for example after 5 minutes to go to sleep mode, the playback will stop after 5 minutes and the media player can not keep the computer awake.
Since there is certainly one option for it, but I have not found so far. Please tell me where this is.
Thank you for it

Jong

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 05:24:24 am »

If the machine is a server, you will need to leave it on.  So turn off auto-sleep on the server.

I manually sleep my server most nights.  Gizmo and Media Center can wake it up using Wake on LAN.
I'm confused by this. My 2 PCs both load MC as a server on boot. One almost only uses it as a server, the other is my HTPC, but also serves up stuff to other devices around the home. Both sleep perfectly. so I'm a little confused!
Pages: [1]   Go Up