INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how can I get my files back to original state?  (Read 1523 times)

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
how can I get my files back to original state?
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:50:10 pm »

It has come to my attention that all of my audio files have been modified, how can I reverse or cancel these modifications, all of my audio files have become it little larger.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: how can I get my files back to original state?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:55:30 pm »

Welcome.

You can restore a backup.

If you don't have a backup you need to figure out what the changes are that have been made to be able to reverse them. If your files got a little bit larger I'm thinking cover art was embedded.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:01:17 am »

my backup was taken in by jriver, I had my backup on an different drive, but at the the time I was not aware of the fact that the program is adding data to my files. when I delete the tags and library my files are back to the original size but my par2 program still finds that they are not in the original state and wants to run to correct the data. I have done some research and have found that my sound data is unchanged, which is an relief.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:05:38 am »

There has been others with similar issues about MC modifying files and how to configure MC to not touch the files.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:31:29 am »

I have found different ways to correct my files back to original state, but it is extremely time consuming. MC shouldn't be changing my files when it isn't able to place them back to original state when wanted. by converting the files to flac or wav from flac or wav brings them back to the original state. so I pesume there is no way to have MC do this?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 12:38:17 pm »

It might be easier for us if you could tell us what exactly the problem is with the changes? What has actually changed? Is it just tags or embedded cover art? Something else?

I can somewhat image someone being paranoid about changes to their files but now that it happened, what problems do you actually have with the changed files, other than that they seem to be somewhat larger?

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 01:55:33 pm »

I haven't noticed anything different yet. I can still use the cue file for burning etc.... it is purely being worried that in the future, if I wish to use another brand media center that I could run into problems. the files seem to be allright except my par2 program is telling me that the files are changed or damaged. par2 is used to repair files which is created at the time the wav or flac was made. if the files have been changed even after I removed all of the tags and covers including the whole library, par2 is still saying it is not the original state. I am probably just paranoid, but I have put alot of work in my music files. to be on the safe side I just wanted to know ik someone knew how i can restore my files or tell me what has changed exactly so I dont have to be worried. I am not having an problem that jriver is embedding data but it should be able to revert everything to the original state. If there is no solution to my problem I will have to learn to live with it and hope that no problems will arise from it in the future.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 02:09:49 pm »

I understand.

As far as I know MC uses industry standards for tagging songs that support it, something that every other program should be able to read and modify in the same way MC does. I've never heard of a situation that MC would modify a song in such a way that they no longer work with other programs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up