INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: European championship baseball  (Read 1163 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
European championship baseball
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:34:06 am »

Sunday I took my son to Netherlands - Czech republic baseball match for the European championships. Had loads of fun there, he absolutely loved the match it was great! Lovely atmosphere (soccer fans should take example !!!), we had some Czech dudes behind us apperently, at first I thought maybe they didn't understand the rules, cheering at the wrong moments haha! Full 9 innings and a tie break, around 4 hours long match.

Weather was awesome too, well in the 30's (celcius :)) but I am now suffering from a mild heat stroke and I'm glowing in the dark  :-[.

We lost 3-1 unfortunately, but we won all the other matches so far, we are still ahead of the competition :P.

bob

• Administrator
Re: European championship baseball
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:43:18 am »

Is this a qualifying match for the WBC?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: European championship baseball
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 01:00:30 pm »

I don't think so, no. I don't see any EC matches in that schedule.

My interest in baseball started with my son signing up for it a few months ago, honestly I hadn't heard of WBC before :-\

It definitely looks interesting though, I signed up for the newsletter and I'll be following it from now on.

Unfortunately baseball is not a very popular sport in the NL, the EC matches aren't even mentioned during the sports news broadcasts. Not even a 5 second annoucement about the progress and scores, nothing. I think that sucks because we were world champion last year, it deserves some air time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up