INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver's theatre view on a second monitor  (Read 5102 times)

MetalHOE

• Recent member
JRiver's theatre view on a second monitor
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:37:21 pm »

Hi JRiver's team,

I would like to ask if there is (or could be anytime in future) any way how to get JRiver working IN THEATRE MODE (so directx...) on a second monitor ( = my laptop). I was thinking about two ways:

1) To use something like Maxivista to add my laptop's screen to my PC desktop's overall space (so extend the PC desktop with my laptop and move JRiver started on my PC to the laptop, then start theatre view) - however, directx is not supported for the extended screen, so no theatre mode possible =/

2) Enabling to "mirror" or "link" JRiver (run one on a PC and another on a laptop) and so I will basically use laptop's JRiver to only choose what to play (in theatre view) and it will somehow just give an instruction to PC's JRiver (where all the playback's settings, zones and library are stored natively)...

Simply - I just need to run Theatre mode on a different screen (my laptop at best) but still would like to use my PC's audio chain (xonar essence ST -> external amplifier -> headphones) together with JRiver's settings (memory playback etc.)

I hope it doesn't sound too much crazy... For me, it would be absolutely lovely to work on my PC normally (even play videogames) and just have an option to anytime see what is playing and the theatre view's image slideshow, to change playback... Something like a remote control but a bit extended in a "visual way". :-)

Thanks very much for any kind of help!

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver's theatre view on a second monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:35:11 am »

I think this is possible. If you use a library server and client setup, you can choose what to play on different clients. I think you need to activate the server functionality on the client, and then connect the other PC to this library. This way, you should have a Playing Now view with two "zones". Laptop (local) and the Library Server Client. You should then be able to push media to the LS client and see the updates in Theater View. In other words, music managed at the laptop and playback happening on the PC with theater view.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MetalHOE

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:01:37 am »

I think this is possible. If you use a library server and client setup, you can choose what to play on different clients. I think you need to activate the server functionality on the client, and then connect the other PC to this library. This way, you should have a Playing Now view with two "zones". Laptop (local) and the Library Server Client. You should then be able to push media to the LS client and see the updates in Theater View. In other words, music managed at the laptop and playback happening on the PC with theater view.

Oh my god, it works!!! Impossible... o_O I think I am going to save money for JRiver 18!

Thank you so much for your help, greatly appreciated!

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:48:49 am »

Happy to help! MC can do a LOT of things, but it's not always that easy to see how :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MetalHOE

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:54 am »

Happy to help! MC can do a LOT of things, but it's not always that easy to see how :)

JRiver in a combo with Synergy soft is absolutely stunning! :

Two monitors abreast on my desk, one connected to the PC and another to my laptop -> I can control both screens using one mouse and one keyboard thanks to Synergy! Therefore I use CPU and GPU of my laptop to run theatre view permanently, saving power for other aplications that I run on my main working station (including JRiver on the PC's side that handles the database and all audio settings, so basically do the major job together with my PC's soundcard that sends signal to amplifier and to headphones). This way I can see and control theatre view and do other things at the same time (and so even run two full screen directx apps)! My dream came true!

Thanks!!!

See image of my temporary setup (using only mouse and keyboard of my PC thanks to Synergy, awesome!): http://jyxo.info/uploads/28/2859e3de4b627d9d3858a5c252bcf9730a81adae.jpg
Pages: [1]   Go Up