INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why did I Upgrade??  (Read 3173 times)

daveg

• World Citizen
Why did I Upgrade??
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:06:17 am »

For me the V17 and 18 have not really offered any enhancements!!

Oh yeah, because it is the best player out there. Tried them all and nothing else comes close. Does every thing I could possibly want...and more.

Even though V16 was rock solid for me, I upgraded to 17 and recently 18, and was happy to do so, and will continue to.  It is refreshing to see a product that has a community built around it, that has mods answer question quickly and not ignore requests.

Congrats on the success and good luck in the future.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why did I Upgrade??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:14:11 am »

Unless you are privy to an early release of V18, you have not seen it yet. You may have upgraded, but it has not been released to the general public. I also have upgraded, installed the V18 key and eagerly await the release.

So maybe there will be world peace.....

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:32:31 am »

Haven't seen V18 yet, but the list they have given so far will not offer any real upgrades for me. Perhaps the live tv through the Library server, and randomly changing background images.

Doesn't matter though. I appreciate good products and do not mind supporting them.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 10:35:15 am »

I agree.

I am looking forward to the revamp of the code, when all the kinks are worked out it should some flexibility and speed.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 03:52:51 pm »

Haven't seen V18 yet, but the list they have given so far will not offer any real upgrades for me. Perhaps the live tv through the Library server, and randomly changing background images.

We won't know what the complete feature set of MC18 is until sometime next spring-ish.  JRiver doesn't know.

Jim told us their "goals", and it has some listed features now, but that list will grow and grow over the next year.  That's just how M17 worked, and MC16 before it, and so on down the line.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44:11 pm »

Jim told us their "goals", and it has some listed features now

I look forward every year to JimH's annual "State of the JRiver" address to the nation.

You know, Beta team sits up front in robes, mutters "not true" sometimes by mistake. Half and only half of the crowd stands and cheers when the words Eye Candy are spoken.

CEO of XMBC sits taciturn behind the podium next to Matt, trying not to clap for the wrong things.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 11:58:44 am »

I look forward every year to JimH's annual "State of the JRiver" address to the nation.

You know, Beta team sits up front in robes, mutters "not true" sometimes by mistake. Half and only half of the crowd stands and cheers when the words Eye Candy are spoken.

CEO of XMBC sits taciturn behind the podium next to Matt, trying not to clap for the wrong things.

;)

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 01:33:45 pm »

Dr Mimosa, best laugh I've had this month!

FastKayak / Larry

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 06:18:05 pm »

Well I have not seen 18 either yet. But I upgraded and have my license in place, mostly MC is for music for me, video goes to smplayer, will go to MC IF version 18 can save color gamma, contrast and brightness settings for EACH movie like SMPlayer.

As others, I upgraded because it IS a good product, has a HELL of a community and support and it feels nice supporting guys who chose to do something WELL DONE.

Cheers team, congrats, and I am waiting a bit anxiously for 18, but I know you WILL deliver

;D

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 09:48:24 pm »

This is why I upgrade as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up