INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caption Request  (Read 1520 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Caption Request
« on: September 13, 2012, 02:32:53 am »

There has been a lot of talk about improving captions and I feel that separate captions for main media types is the way to go i.e. Audio, Video and Images.

Doing this would make my caption expressions significantly easier to create, maintain and change.

Also for images I have a lot of info in my expression. Editing it can be quite a pain because I want separate info to appear on different lines. I am doing this now by including the carriage return (The enter key if that's correct (See Image)) in my expression. This can be quite messy and difficult to change.

What I suggest is that for caption input each section has three expression input boxes. One for each line. This would make it much easier to manage. MC should honor the old way as well for people who don't want to change their expressions yet.

MrHaugen

Re: Caption Request
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:47 am »

I agree. The single small field for caption is so bare minimum, that it's probably hardly used by others than the experts.

Separating the media types would be a good start. Adding a better caption manager would be a good goal. A bigger text field so we don't have to use notepad and similar, and some color coding or something would go a long way to make it better. Just color coding the parentheses would help very much. A caption wizard of some sort would also help very much for beginners as well as experts. Some templates might be a similar but easier approach.

Just take your pick. There's lot's of ways of improving this.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
Re: Caption Request
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 06:07:22 pm »

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up