INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lower volume listening between USB and SPDIF.....  (Read 1288 times)

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
Lower volume listening between USB and SPDIF.....
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »

Hi All,

Finally got my DAC plugged in last night and very impressed with some short initial listening. I wanted to get some recommendations from the experts out there as to which sound driver would be best on Windows 7 usng JRiver. I believe the Young manual seems to suggest Kernel Streaming but I read somewhere that "WASAPI Event Style" was best for Windows 7.

Also, I noticed that the audio level output is great when listening to SPDIF Co-Axial input from my CD player but when I switch over to USB, I need to turn the volume up from say 9pm to 10pm on the dial to match the level of SPDIF. Is this normal with USB or do I need to change a setting somewhere in JRiver  to adjust/accommodate?

Appreciate the help in advance!

Cheers,
Vin.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Lower volume listening between USB and SPDIF.....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:33:45 pm »

I get great results with ASIO over USB 2.0

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:01:38 am »

The recommended native Windows 7 method is wasapi event style. This bypasses most of the built in audio management in the OS.
Are you able to adjust input levels separately on your amplifier ?

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 07:07:18 am »

Thanks all. I don't believe ASIO is supported for my DAC and I do not have the ability to control input volume on the amp - only the output.

Will play with WASAPI Event Style and the sound options as I believe you can get JRiver to adjust the volume of the tracks within software to compensate for the volume levels correct?
Pages: [1]   Go Up