INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backing Up  (Read 4321 times)

jfuzz

• Recent member
Backing Up
« on: September 16, 2012, 03:26:05 pm »

Hi Guys, I'm getting a new computer and I want to download Version 16 again. So far so good I have my registration #, but I want to make sure I have all of the data I need to load up the new computer. I have backed up my F: drive containing all my music files and I have the
C:\documents and settings\admin\application data\jriver\media center 16 site of my main drive also on my backup disk. Have I missed anything? I only use mc16 for audio no video. 

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Backing Up
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:24:21 am »

If you've added any skins you want to keep, or any other customisations saved in the "Data" directory, make a backup of "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 16\Skins" and also "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 16\Data"

Once you're up and running again, if you restore your library from one of your automatic backups (which you should have in your application data backup), you have the option to also restore your MC settings too. If your music files have the same path on your new computer as they do on the old one, you'll be good to go from there without missing a beat. If the paths have changed, you can use the "Find / Replace" part of the "rename, move and copy" tool to update the paths in your library to match the location of your audio files, and then you'll be good to go.

Good luck, and if you need any help on the other side, just ask.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up