INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide data issues in the UK  (Read 1725 times)

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
Guide data issues in the UK
« on: September 21, 2012, 03:41:18 am »

Hi guys

I have come across a very strange issue with my tuner set up and guide listings. Certain channels will not load the guide information that has been downloaded from the automated guide settings.

The weird thing is it seems to be linked with certain channels for example.

Food Network - If i try linking the channel with the guide data for food network it comes up with nothing. No data at all just says double click to load guide data (even though its supposedly loaded data)
So i though id link the food network channel with some guide data that i know works for example BBC1. But doing that it still come up with no guide data.

Is there something i can do to work out what's going on here?

I have attached some Images below show what i'm trying to do:--

The other thing that baffles me is although the tuner has found certain channels and are linked with guide data. The ones showing no guide data don't even show up in the guide at all. That seems a bit daft. I suppose the best fix will be to allow any channel that the tuner has found to be displayed in the guide even with no data so you can see the channel when flicking through the guide.

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Dave    ;D

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Guide data issues in the UK
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:20:53 am »

MC will not use the same xmltv ID for more than one channel.  This is a known issue.   It may be a good idea to allow multiple channels use the same guide data, but the change may be complicated to implement.

In your case, if you link BBC1 to both Food Network and BBC1 channels, one of them will not work.  Not sure why the Food Network guide data did not show up in the first place though.  Could it be that  you either accidentally or purposefully linked the guide data to more than one channel too?

You can create a separate TV Channel page in Theater View.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 08:50:48 am »

Thanks for the swift response although i think the problem is something else. If i wipe my database and start over. I can link just one set of guide data to for example food network and it still fails to show any guide just for that particular channel. There are others but this is just an example.

If i have no guide data associated with a channel it also fails to show up in the guide. Is this correct?

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 05:08:36 am »

Thanks for the swift response although i think the problem is something else. If i wipe my database and start over. I can link just one set of guide data to for example food network and it still fails to show any guide just for that particular channel. There are others but this is just an example.

If i have no guide data associated with a channel it also fails to show up in the guide. Is this correct?
Dave, I have the same problem.  There are quite a few channels where a unique XMLTVID can be associated but no guide data is loaded.  I haven't researched this very deeply.  I assumed that the guide for the channel was just not populated by the provider.  I have tried associating another guide (France 24) with Food Network and it works.

MC must have a XMLTVID associated and guide data loaded to show a channel in the Guide in Theater View.  As Yaobing said, you can create a page with a listing of TV Channels in Theater View.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up