INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC blacks out most of most of my video files.  (Read 988 times)

xsivfun1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC blacks out most of most of my video files.
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:35:27 pm »

Help!!!!!
Approximately, 90% of the thumbnails in my video collection have somehow become about 80% blacked out from the bottom to the top of the image.  MC did it when I executed a rebuild thumbnails command, but I don't remember for sure.  I am pretty sure it had to do with fixing thumbs because at the time I was trying to get thumbs for files that didn't have any and improve ones I didn't like.   
I have tried deleting them selecting both options of trashing them and not trashing them.  I have tried rebuilding them.  I have worked with every available tool within MC to fix my thumbnails like look for them/find them/get them from the internet; I tried locate them on my computer, and locate them in a file, screen grab to file, screen grab directly to the image file, and a couple of outside tools all with no luck.  I have exhausted searching the forum and wiki as far as I can tell focusing around the key terms like “cover art”, “thumbnail problems” “Blacked out”  and more, but I had very little success.  The problem is still there when I launch MC 16 as well, but as far as I can tell, and it is not definite by any means, no other player/organizer/file viewer has the problem when I look at my video files  with that…. but I am not 100% on that. 

Thanks,

xsivfun1 
Thx,

1 xsivfun1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC blacks out most of most of my video files.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »

Are you just looking for thumbnails that are screengrabs from the files?

If so, you might just delete your thumbnails (Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails) and let the rebuild.  You can set where in the video it grabs from in that same spot in Options.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up