INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17 trial volume stuck at max  (Read 1464 times)

ed60606

Media Center 17 trial volume stuck at max
« on: September 23, 2012, 07:53:08 pm »

Hi, Im new to media center since i have just recently started to use flac and itunes just doesnt get the job done anymore. My overall impression of MC17 is very positive. I like the layout and the experience. There is however a huge problem. Im not sure if anyone else have this issue since searching around google and forums didnt not yield any results. The problem Im having is that the volume would randomly get stuck on max volume and any volume controls, whether it is the media center, system or sound card, will not change the volume at all. I have played around with internal, application, system, and disable volume, sadly they did not do anything to help. It seams the only way to fix this problem is a complete uninstall and reinstall media center. Then the problems disappears for a couple of hours and reappear which i select a new track to play mannualy.

I am using the trial version at the moment. I really want to purchase this software because its one of the best media players around. However, with this volume issue, i just cant. If anyone can help, that would be great. thanks

I am using win 7 64 bit and my sound card is xonar essence stx.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 17 trial volume stuck at max
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 08:03:52 pm »

Welcome.

This isn't a problem I've heard before.  Make sure you don't have a stuck 'volume up' key on your keyboard ( or a cat sitting on it :P ).

'Internal' volume should be completely independent of the system volume, so if the volume gets turned up, it has to be a volume command reaching Media Center.

More on volume here (although nothing on this problem, since it's not a common one):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up