INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-C and 256QAM  (Read 18471 times)

FuFa

DVB-C and 256QAM
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:42:03 pm »

Hi all!

Since this is my first post to the forum, I first want to thank you for this great product!! I started to use MC just for Audio since this summer, but as it worked great for me I decided to give the Video and TV features a try.

During my current tries to get TV working, I ran into the following issue, but first of all a few details to my setup:

Build: MC 17.0.186
TV card: TT CT-3650 CI (DVB-C/DVB-T) with BDA driver
Provider: UnityMedia NRW

I know this card is a little bit uncommon to Windows OSs, but I already got it to work (even with CI support) using ForTheRecord on the same machine, so in general the problem should not be caused by the card.

Now I wanted to use it from MC 17, so I deactivated all other software/services that could access it and checked the TV configuration preferences in MC17. Both tuners of the card were shown and I configured them to DVB-C and DVB-T (I only use the DVB-C part). Then I started a scan for DVB-C digital channels and selected the predefined UnityMedia.NRW transponder list.

A lot of channels were found, so far so good...

After that I found out that I was not able to view any of the found channels, after some seconds I get a "No signal" message. After some more research on the found channels, it looked like all channels miss the "Modulation" and "Symbol Rate" settings. Unfortunately I was also not able to correct them manually, because all channels from my provider are using 64QAM or 256QAM modulation, and these entries are not available for me from the modulation dropdown box on the channel settings page, this includes only 8PSK, 16QAM, QPSK, 16APSK and 32APSK.

My first thought was that my needed modulations are not supported yet, but when checking the transponder XML file for my provider in the MediaCenter 17\TV\DVBC folder, exactly the needed modulations are used there. Funny enough, the scan process also uses the correct modulation and finds the channels, only viewing them seems to be not possible ?

Is this a bug, or are these modulation types not fully supported yet?

Thanks for your help!

FuFa

Re: DVB-C and 256QAM
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 03:27:00 pm »

Just saw this issue was fixed in 18.0.54.

Downloaded, installed, tried it... works!!

All the modulation types are available in the drop down menu now, thanks for fixing it!

pge

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:46:21 am »

Do you mean you can watch encrypted channels with the CI module as well?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57:42 am »

It  will not work with encrypted channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up