INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shell Extensions Context Menu level  (Read 3788 times)

moophone

• Recent member
Shell Extensions Context Menu level
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:08:49 pm »

Hi All.

Is there a registry key or some other way of pushing up the "Media Center > Play" to just "Play in Media Center" at the root of the context menu?  It would avoid having to navigate an extra level which quickly adds up when playing a lot of directories from explorer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Shell Extensions Context Menu level
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 06:07:10 pm »

You might try to switch to playing from MC.

moophone

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:31 am »

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't answer my question.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 10:07:17 am »

The answer is no.

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 12:23:59 pm »

I was about to start a thread, when I remembered that in close to 30 years on the Internet, there has rarely been any particular problem that someone else has not already experienced and posted about.  ;D

Obviously, this is a "personal taste" issue, but it seems unnecessarily cumbersome to have to right-click on a file in Explorer and then make a right turn at "Media Center", go over, and then up or down to one's choice.

Note that having these Media Center additions to the Context Menu is optional.

Therefore, no one is going to think "there are too many Media Center entries", because they themselves wanted them, and took action to add them.

So, all those commands, like "Replace and Play" should just be added right into the Context Menu, no sub-menu is needed.

Making it more difficult to access those commands, is contrary to the purpose of adding the commands to the Context Menu in the first place.

And in fact, most other programs and most other media players, put their commands right into the Context Menu without a sub-menu.

Thanks for considering this issue.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 09:53:58 pm »

Hi All.

Is there a registry key or some other way of pushing up the "Media Center > Play" to just "Play in Media Center" at the root of the context menu?  It would avoid having to navigate an extra level which quickly adds up when playing a lot of directories from explorer

Select a file of the type you want to play in Media Center, right click, and Play With > Choose Default Program...  Here you select Media Center as default program.  Next time when you right-click, you get "Play in Media Center".  In other words, associate the file type with Media Center.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

moophone

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 01:31:33 pm »

old thread, but I was referring to folders, not individual file types (those are fine)

Select a file of the type you want to play in Media Center, right click, and Play With > Choose Default Program...  Here you select Media Center as default program.  Next time when you right-click, you get "Play in Media Center".  In other words, associate the file type with Media Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up