INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin "always running" tracking track changes in current playlist  (Read 3228 times)

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Plugin "always running" tracking track changes in current playlist
« on: September 25, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »

Hi, I'm experimenting plugin creations because is quite a long time since I started using Media Jukebox (yea, I don't have Media center at the moment but I'll surely buy it when my customers pay me), so I decided building a plugin for my G19 keyboard (which has a display).

The plugin is "stupid", it should print on the screen current track, next, previous and a progress bar. I already built whole library to do this.

Now I were trying to build the plugin, after having hard time to understand how to make it works, I discovered that the hard part is not actually writing code but installing it: registry keys/regasm registration and all those things are not documented, however I noticed you have a special file to install plugin (don't remember extension), maybe I'll watch over it.

Anyway, what I really want to know is how to build an always running plugin. I managed to build an interface plugin but this seems something that works only when you actually "click" on the plugin in the interface.
I need something that is "online" all the time, or at least all time something is playing. If someone can point me at least WHICH type of plugin is this (I don't think it's an interface plugin), remember that this will not "show" anything on the program itself, will show something on an external device. Yea logically speaking is a gui plugin.

Thanks for suggestions

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Plugin "always running" tracking track changes in current playlist
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 06:40:59 am »

There is a registry entry called PlugInMode that determines if the plugin is always loaded or not. (1 = always loaded, 0 = don't).  If it is always loaded, it will run continuously.

Mr. ChrisZ documented his vb.net template and it explains some of the available registry entries and what they do. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34294.0

I struggled to get my plugin to register and play nice, but once I got it to work I found the examples and documentation was pretty accurate.  If you have any more questions, I can try to help.

Alex

Fire-Dragon-DoL

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:10:39 am »

There is a registry entry called PlugInMode that determines if the plugin is always loaded or not. (1 = always loaded, 0 = don't).  If it is always loaded, it will run continuously.

Mr. ChrisZ documented his vb.net template and it explains some of the available registry entries and what they do. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34294.0

I struggled to get my plugin to register and play nice, but once I got it to work I found the examples and documentation was pretty accurate.  If you have any more questions, I can try to help.

Alex

I already read that, the problem of the documentation is that is heavily spread, I have 15 tabs opened to get all required information :\

Anyway, I'm trying to build a MJP package to install the plugin, but I don't get what REG_PLUGIN action should do.
Also, I don't understand why REGISTER is not working, it says it can't register the object, but I can easily register it through regasm

Fire-Dragon-DoL

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:29:02 am »

I already read that, the problem of the documentation is that is heavily spread, I have 15 tabs opened to get all required information :\

Anyway, I'm trying to build a MJP package to install the plugin, but I don't get what REG_PLUGIN action should do.
Also, I don't understand why REGISTER is not working, it says it can't register the object, but I can easily register it through regasm

Nevermind, I dropped MJP usage, I think they have a sort of bug with registering plugins.
I updated my NSIS installer which is working correctly now.

Are there any list about FireMJEvent handler string params?

EDIT: Found, hopefully they'll work with mediajukebox too. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up