INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a second zone with MC17  (Read 1405 times)

flyfish2002

• Recent member
Creating a second zone with MC17
« on: September 26, 2012, 12:20:09 pm »

I am curious as to alternatives to my existing set-up.

In my home office, I have a headphone only set-up consistenting of a dedicated laptop with MC17 that feeds my DAC via USB. Music is stored on a mirror NAS.  I use JRemote for iPod 4G to control my office set-up.

For my big rig in my basement listening area, I use a SB Touch that feeds a DAC via coaxial - soon to try the USB out of the SB Touch. The SB Touch is connected to the network via ethernet connection and Logitech Media Server SW is installed on the laptop upstairs in the office - the same laptop that has MC17.   Of course, I never run both SW at the same time.  I control everything for the SB Touch with iPeng on an iPod 4G.

All my music is FLAC lossless uncompressed from 16/44 to 24/96.  Both DACs are asynchronous USB up to 24/192. 

My DACs do not have an ethernet connection and I am not intersted in purchasing one that does, such as PS Audio.

All the above works great.

Question: if I wanted to eliminate the SB Touch, move away from that platform completely and use MC17 in the big rig as a second zone, what are my options? I know I need a DLNA Renderer with ethernet connection and USB 2.0 out.
Would I need another laptop? A headless, fanless mini-computer? Other products such as media products from Netgear, D-Link and WD? 

I assume I can control the second zone once set-up using JRemote.

Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up