INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18.0.51 -- Available Here  (Read 11826 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 18.0.51 -- Available Here
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:24 am »

This is the latest beta version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This is a beta.  It may crash, hang, or have other problems.  Do not use if problems will upset you.

New Features in MC18

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180051.exe

18.0.51 (9/26/2012)

1. Fixed: SSA subtitles that were authored for a different resolution than the video itself would position elements incorrectly.
2. Fixed: Line / curve drawing elements in SSA subtitles could show as a string of numbers.
3. Fixed: SSA styles would not load for some videos if the SSA included comments in the style block.
4. Fixed: SSA style alignment could be handled incorrectly for SSA V4.0+ (since alignment changed between SSA V4.0 and SSA V4.0+).
5. Fixed: Text underline did not look right when text was drawing with an outline or drop shadow (like on subtitles).
6. Faster: Revised how text underline is handled so that it's rendered as an after-effect (instead of loading a second copy of the font to draw with underline).
7. Fixed: Web browser views in Theater View could crash when leaving them.
8. NEW: Library Server clients save the contents of Playing Now between runs.
9. Fixed: Drop-panes would unexpectedly hide when the mouse was still over them.

18.0.50 (9/25/2012)

1. Changed: Improved support for between-letter spacing customization by fonts (kerning).
2. Changed: Improved support for fonts where multiple characters combine to a single glyph like Thai, etc. (feedback appreciated).
3. Changed: Added basic support for right-to-left text (like Hebrew, Arabic, etc.) to the new font drawing engine (feedback appreciated).
4. Fixed: Setting a new font in theater view options wouldn't 'stick'.
5. Fixed: When syncing library server files to a device on a client with conversion enabled, tags would not get updated.

18.0.49 (9/24/2012)

1. Fixed: DoP playback could fall out of DoP mode during a buffer shortfall (like between tracks).
2. Fixed: Catching of clicks in an embedded browser was not working.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: Customizing the bottom list in a library view could incorrectly apply the changes to the top list.
5. Fixed: Changing a file path option would cause the option's label to not appear until leaving and reentering options.
6. Changed: Folder import will not import files from a broken DVD or Bluray aggregate (you can drag-n-drop individual video files from a broken aggregate into the program if necessary).
7. Fixed: Picking 'Show Media Center' from the Media Server tray icon would not always bring the program to the front.
8. Fixed: Some characters like a password dot, trademark symbol, etc. were not drawing.
9. Changed: Updated Simplified Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
10. Fixed: The trial period would show as '1 day left in trial' even when there were actually more days left.
11. Fixed: Some DFF files compressed with DST would not import.
12. Fixed: In 3D album mode, the song list used a tiny text font.
13. Fixed: When playing a television recording file that was still being recorded, the "Program" OSD menu item did not show proper info.
14. Fixed: Font size in MC expression language html could cause a crash if scaled down to zero (interpreted as percentage).

18.0.48 (9/21/2012)

1. Changed: Version 18 no longer works with a version 17 license (because this makes it impossible for people to upgrade from v17 to v18 using the program).

18.0.47 (9/20/2012)

1. Changed: Starting Play Doctor with an album as a seed will focus more heavily on that album instead of focusing on all albums by the artist equally.
2. Fixed: Starting video playback could cause a black screen to show until entering and leaving Theater View again.
3. Fixed: The OSD could fail to hide when switching modes, causing it to show in unexpected places like the root of Theater View.
4. Changed: Keyboard navigation in the panes didn't expand / collapse tree items with the left and right keys.
5. Fixed: Saving / loading views was not working properly.
6. Changed: Revised ASIO buffer creation slightly so that it's more likely to use a buffer size that's a power-of-two (which makes some drivers happy).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Media Center 18.0.51 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 04:13:55 pm »

Starting Visualization Studio makes MC crash.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 06:24:29 am »

Hi !

Salut !

There is a bug in this process :

Playlists => Customize view => Load a view => MC18 crashes    .... WHEN SAVED VIEWS is empty !!!

Thanks for fixing that.

Merci

Jean-Marc

ghile.meare

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:04:23 am »

Hi Folks,
When Will Media Center 18 Stablise?
I've bought an upgrade from MC 17 License Recently,but V18 beta Keeps crashing so I'm back to using MC v17.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:55:58 am »

Hi Friends, was adding AC3filter to DSP - MC18 always crashes when I try to enter DSP settings. Just de-installing and a new install of MC18 helps.
Good luck and happy developing.
Wake up and slow down 😴

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 11:41:49 am »

Someone just reported a plug-in caused MC18 to crash.  Removing it fixed the problem.  Check posts from the last 2 or 3 days.

locust

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 03:41:48 pm »

I have a collection of schemes that I use for archiving and sorting purposes, they are all nested under a scheme called tools, it's image is a scheme group and everything nested within it images' are just schemes.

Then I have my two main view schemes that aren't nested under any Scheme Group and are assigned the audio image.

My problem is that in my main view or even the schemes within the Tools scheme group, when I am looking at the track listing and decide to click of the arrow in either the album or artist columns, it filters correctly but changes which view I am on. It always ends up focusing the to top hierarchy "Tools" Scheme Group

Don't know if this is a bug or something I have done.

Now I have a request, the hierarchy my scheme group is like so

+Tools
         Sort
         Archive

Now while Tools is actually a view scheme, I just actually use it to group everything nested underneath, I do this to keep the tree relatively uncluttered. Could you please allow the top level view scheme just to be blanked out? What I mean is now if I click on tools it displays all the tracks in the right window, could you change it to essentially make the top level scheme group non-selectable and just open up and go onto the first nested view scheme if clicked?

I don't see the purpose of using a scheme group as an actual view scheme, I may be missing the point but if you agree with me I feel the suggestion above would make the scheme groups feel a little more fluid when using them.
Thanks

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »

Doesn't the Settings > Tree > Allow tree selection being disable do exactly this?

As to usefulness, I have a couple of schemes where the top selection provides an all-encompassing view, and the sub-schemes are more restrictive.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

locust

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 10:11:00 pm »

Cheers I never knew that, learn something new every day  :)
As to usefulness, I have a couple of schemes where the top selection provides an all-encompassing view, and the sub-schemes are more restrictive.

Care to elaborate I don't exactly follow?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 12:49:51 am »

One of my oft-used view scheme groups is called Ref ID, which is a unique identifier for me CDs and the corresponding ripped tracks.  I use this view and its child views to select recently ripped CDs, view large thumbnails of CD covers, tag both CD and ripped media identically, and present a list of CDs.

The top view scheme group is a Categories view, with thumbnail text showing the Ref ID and Album name.  This provides me with fast scanning of my CDs in the order they were imported into MC (most recent shown first).  This scheme group also sets the Rules for file display, which the children inherit (e.g. Media Type is Audio, Ref ID is not empty, sort order).

The three panes sub-views are:

With CDs
   Without CDs
   CDs only

Each of these inherit the parent file display rules, but also modify them too.  For example, the With CDs view also shows Media Type = Video or File Type = ifo, so that bonus DVD music discs show up as well.

Since I want all the views grouped, why not use the top level view as the main pictorial view, and use child views for more detailed work.  Otherwise, I'd just have one more sub-view, with the top view serving no real purpose.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 03:22:11 am »

I have MC18 start in theater view. When I exit theater view, the program dissapears from the task bar, the process 'media center 18.exe' is still running and I need to manually kill it before I can start it again.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 06:11:54 am »

I have MC18 start in theater view. When I exit theater view, the program dissapears from the task bar, the process 'media center 18.exe' is still running and I need to manually kill it before I can start it again.
Media Server running in the background would look like that.  Make sure you don't have MC17 and MC18 Media Servers running at the same time.

locust

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 09:53:46 am »

One of my oft-used view scheme groups is called Ref ID, which is a unique identifier for me CDs and the corresponding ripped tracks.  I use this view and its child views to select recently ripped CDs, view large thumbnails of CD covers, tag both CD and ripped media identically, and present a list of CDs.

The top view scheme group is a Categories view, with thumbnail text showing the Ref ID and Album name.  This provides me with fast scanning of my CDs in the order they were imported into MC (most recent shown first).  This scheme group also sets the Rules for file display, which the children inherit (e.g. Media Type is Audio, Ref ID is not empty, sort order).

The three panes sub-views are:

With CDs
   Without CDs
   CDs only

Each of these inherit the parent file display rules, but also modify them too.  For example, the With CDs view also shows Media Type = Video or File Type = ifo, so that bonus DVD music discs show up as well.

Since I want all the views grouped, why not use the top level view as the main pictorial view, and use child views for more detailed work.  Otherwise, I'd just have one more sub-view, with the top view serving no real purpose.

Interesting I may have to rethink how I am organizing my  views..

Thanks

cuadedanh

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:24 am »

i found that changing font for text based subtitle dont work  :(

locust

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 11:11:53 am »

Don't know if this is a bug, but no files that come from removable media in my library have any value assigned?

Do I have to tell MC which drives are removable media?

[Edit]

Sorry I mean no value the removable field

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 05:16:02 pm »

Carlo,
It's not clear what you're asking.  Please read the first post in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73515.0

If you still have problems, post there.  Please provide details on what version you are using.  But don't post your license.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 06:43:55 am »

:(
I will try to be clear!
I bought JR MC 17 in the 10/12/2011 (Media Center 17 from JRiver, Inc. for $49.98).
Yesterday using the link in the email sent by JR, this is the text: (Good day, JRiver Media Center 18 beta is now available.
This is your last chance to get the early-upgrade discount price.  Upgrade today for $20.98 (the regular price is $26.98).
And if you already upgraded, thank you!) I bought the upgrade for $20.98.
I received the activation code but, when I tried to dowload, I was still required to pay about $46????????
What should I do now?????????
Thanks
Please post in the thread I linked to above.   Download MC18 from the top of the MC18 board.

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 09:47:21 am »

FLAC to ALAC conversion

MC crashes when converting a FLAC file to ALAC, even one file at a time.
If you need the logs, I can send them to you.

(Sorry, I did not understand that bug reports had to be posted into this topic).

Best regards,
Fabrizio

EJR

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 02:51:19 pm »

mc18 took over the setting from MC17
under zones one of the zones listed as "living room" in mc17 no longer exists is called "player" instead.

also jremote can no longer find the server (no idea if this is a problem in jremote or MC)

laserwolf

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 03:15:27 pm »

MC 18.0.51 using almost 4g of RAM on my computer and high CPU usage even though I'm not playing any files, importing or converting. What could be causing this drain on RAM and CPU resources? When I close MC all is normal again.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 06:05:43 pm »

MC 18.0.51 using almost 4g of RAM on my computer and high CPU usage even though I'm not playing any files, importing or converting. What could be causing this drain on RAM and CPU resources? When I close MC all is normal again.
Building thumbnails happens in the background and takes some horsepower.   Start a thread if you want to know more.

vagskal

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 04:04:31 am »

Dropping a file from Windows Explorer to the now playing display info window or a player is no longer working - MC does not come to the foreground when the file is dropped so there is no menu to select play or import from.

Sauzee

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 04:35:15 am »

Notes tag - when i hover mouse over notes column in one of my views it doesn't auto pop-up full contents of the notes tag. It appears to only show first line of the note. Note that this applies to most but not all notes tags.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 09:05:58 am »

Unable to scroll entire 'Secure Rip Report;' only what's within the window is viewable. 

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

FLAC to ALAC conversion

Update: yesterday evening I tried again, first selecting all the songs of an album, and MC strangely succeeded in converting the 1st file (the detailed progress bar moved slowly) but it crashed upon the second file; after that, I also tried selecting just the 2nd file, then just the 3rd file, and so on, but it constantly crashed, the visibile difference is that the progress bar moved very quickly and the crashes always happened when the progress bar reached 100%.
Choosing to convert the FLAC files to mp3 works correctly, so it is definitely not an input files issue, I also tried using another program to convert them to ALAC and it processed them correctly, but I don't want to handle them this way, because I have to keep two separate copies, one in FLAC format and another one in ALAC format.
If I can help sending logs or maybe analysing temporary files within the conversion cache directory (I found some of them, I guess one for each crash), please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Fabrizio

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

In MC 17, there is a problem when linking zones and using Tremote. There is somethings a long pause between tracks. Matt identified what he thought was a fix but said it need to wait to MC 18 to get addressed. Has it been addressed yet in MC 18? I understand it is not a major priority, just wondered if anything has been done yet.

Linking Zones using  Tremote - Buffering Issues

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 04:35:24 pm »

In MC 17, there is a problem when linking zones and using Tremote. There is somethings a long pause between tracks. Matt identified what he thought was a fix but said it need to wait to MC 18 to get addressed. Has it been addressed yet in MC 18? I understand it is not a major priority, just wondered if anything has been done yet.

Yes, MC18 switched to the new model.  Please test and start a new thread to report your results.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:34 pm »

Wow 18.0.52+ must have a lot of fixes/features added or there were some hard fixes to get incorporated.  This is the first time MC 18 has gone for over a week without a public update.  I can see the beta team is using 18.0.52.  Hope it reaches the rest of us soon.  :)
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 05:11:50 pm »

You can expect new builds about once a week or so.  We're on 18.0.55 right now.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 06:08:49 pm »

Thanks Matt. Will try in the next few days.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 01:11:13 pm »

FLAC to ALAC conversion

If you need the logs, I can send them to you.

(Sorry, I did not understand that bug reports had to be posted into this topic).

Best regards,
Fabrizio

Same problem here. Only when converting to ALAC. Gets to 100% and crashes MC18.

Also, not all conversions are showing up in the conversion cache.

GuidoW

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 10:50:35 am »

I have the same issue and I think it is very easy to reproduce.
I can't get back to the main program for i.e. setting some options.
It always goes into Theater View and that sort of crashes upon exit.

- that needs to be fixed
- how can I reset the 'start in theater view'
   (after crash dialog checked for std-view, still goes directly into theater view)
Pages: [1]   Go Up