INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Head Is Spinning :-( I Think I Got Lazy With WMC :-(  (Read 1492 times)

mbc0

• Recent member
My Head Is Spinning :-( I Think I Got Lazy With WMC :-(
« on: September 27, 2012, 01:52:38 pm »

Ok,

Firstly I am sorry, but I have read & read & played & played but am getting into a mess with the TV Setup for Media Center :-(

I have 2 DVBS/2 Tuners & 2 DVBT Tuners installed on my HTPC, but due to a multi system setup I am connected to the database on my server (WHS2011)  Would this cause me a problem?

I have scanned all channels on all four cards & all the tv channels appear fine... I can view them with no problems... if I go into guide within theater view I only see channels from A - C for some reason?  I have tried recording some channels and media center tells me that the program is scheduled to record (even though the program is live at that moment) it will let me do that to 10+ programs all showing at he same time with no warnings or anything but I have since found that it actually isn't recording anything.. I have checked my recording storage drive settings (all on the HTPC, not the server) and I see some random files appear in there with the current date & time but no actual recordings, when I exit media center they disappear....  so I presume they are timeslip files?  I am currently having to switch back to Windows MCE for TV as I am an avid user of DVBLINK which I found I could not use on JRiver (but that is another story for another forum)  Should I just scrap this idea of trying to get tv to work within JRiver as I have to use Windows MCE anyway for the DVBLink?  I really did want an all-in-one solution but please don't take this the wrong way, I have had a media center of some sort since 2004 and am known as "Gadget Man" to my friends who all come & see me for techie problems, but I have spend days on JRiver (beginning to regret purchasing the licence I am afraid) only to find absolutely everything is mind boggling and just too confusing, with hitting brick wall after brick wall... nothing seems to flow... Please don't think this is a bashing because it is a beautiful piece of software but one I feel that is designed for the "Existing User" & not for someone who has been used to an alternative...
Pages: [1]   Go Up