INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 17.0.186 Gizmo Stability  (Read 1003 times)

brucinski

• Recent member
17.0.186 Gizmo Stability
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:25:07 am »

My Media Center installs just auto updated to 17.0.186 and I lost the ability to stream video to my Android tablets (Ice Cream Sandwich and HoneyComb), everything else seems fine.  Streaming audio to the Android devices works without issue, the problem seems limited to movie/image playback.  I have tried this on 2 of my JRiver machines and movie playback fails from both.

Further testing - I have been able to get JRiver to crash using WebGizmo as well.  I was able to accomplish this with both MOVIE Playback and Image Playback.  This all worked prior to the 17.0.186 install.

Note - Failure on the 2 machines occurs differently.  Windows Home server shuts JRiver Down and logs an application error in Event Viewer for JRReader.DLL.  Windows 7 Machine just does not stream video and I receive and "Unable to locate ..." message in Gizmo.

Main Media Server
- Windows Home Server 2011
- 8GB Of memory
- Plenty of storage
- Large media collection, over 500 movies and thousands of images
- When Playback is attempted, JRiver abends and throughs an error in the event log about JRReader.DLL

HTPC In media room
- Windows 7
- Dell Alienware
- Playback on the tablet throws an error that it cannot find the movie at the sepcified location
- JRiver does not abend.  Just won't stream.

Anyone else having issues?  Thoughts/Suggestions?

Pages: [1]   Go Up