INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem converting FLAC to MP3  (Read 2081 times)

bobbi

Problem converting FLAC to MP3
« on: September 28, 2012, 07:49:31 pm »

Please can someone help me I'm at my wits end on what to do.

Scenario: I have ripped all my cd's of about 2500 plus into FLAC on my pc.

I have an mp3 player with 64gb and want to transfer music via jukebox as mp3's which is OK.

I now need to convert the flac's to mp3's which is OK.

The problem: I know how to convert the flacs, but I want somehow to put the converted mp3's to the same folder names as the original but independantly.

FLAC
      - ARTIST
                   - ALBUM 1
                   - ALBUM 2

CONVERTED MP3's (separate directory)
      -ARTIST
                  -ALBUM 1
                  -ALBUM 2

I want to them somehow sync my FLAC's as mp3s to the mp3 player.

So, If I add/remove FLAC songs in jukebox the mp3 counterparts are automatically synced to the mp3 player, or if a refresh/sync option is selected. If this is possible in Media Centre I would be will to upgrade if this is possible.

Im sure somebody else must have had a similar scenario.

Thank You ahead.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: A problem I'm screwing over.please help.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »

I think you're describing conversion stacking.  This is part of Media Center.

Files converted can have the lower-quality version "stacked" with the original.  You only see the one file in Media Center (unless you expand the stack), but the program uses the right one for handheld transfer, updates the whole stack on tag changes, etc.

Another way to do this is to create a virtual handheld with MP3 conversion.  Then configure it to sync the entire library.  Any time you run a sync, it'll do just what you want.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bobbi

Re: Problem converting FLAC to MP3
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 11:08:14 am »

Thanks Matt for the answers. I guess I will need to upgrade. First I will give the trial version a spin and see how it fairs.
I had tried Media Center many years ago, but tbh, I only needed a clean music organiser only hence just used jukebox. I felt like I would be paying for software with features, so much of which I would never even use because it has so many, I purely like the music side.
I don't need photo,video,tv,browser  and servers...but I love the music quality.

Any way..lets see..thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up