INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dialogue track not playing on movie  (Read 2851 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
dialogue track not playing on movie
« on: September 29, 2012, 10:43:58 am »

I've run into a interesting issue with one particular movie,  Casa de mi Padre (Spanish Will Farrell movie)  I am getting the background audio but no dialogue.  It's in .mkv format so there are no separate audio tracks to choose from.  I double checked with another player to be sure it's not missing from the file, but the dialogue plays fine on other players. 
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: dialogue track not playing on movie
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:59:15 am »

Make sure you've selected the proper number of speakers for your system in DSP Studio > Output Format, and ensure that JRSS is enabled.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 11:50:48 am »

I have "Source number of channels selected"  and JRSS is enabled.  I tried switching to 2 channel stereo and 2.1 as that is what I have, but it made no difference.

I found that switching from ASIO to Direct Sound fixes the problem.  I have not had similar problems with any other movie. 

One other thing, I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this, but while playing around trying to fix this I found that the controls at the top of the screen would not reappear.  You know how they disappear when you aren't doing anything so that you can enjoy the movie without looking that the control bar, but when you move the mouse they should reappear.  The only fix has been to close the display view.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 11:48:19 pm »

I have found that what seems to be the Center channel is weak when JRSS is mixing to a 2 channel source with a movie in 5.1 also..

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Z0001

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 04:02:49 pm »

Also just encountered this ASIO/downmix problem.  Everything is fine with stereo Audio and ASIO but for movies anything other than a 2ch encoded audio stream is not automatically getting down mixed or presented as 2ch stereo.  

With WASAPI Event Style, no such problem, even if the audio stream default is DTS MA 5.1 MC gets it right and gives me stereo.

What specifically do I need to configure to get ASIO playing and giving me 2ch whatever the source?

Using Xonar Essence ST with latest ASIO drivers from Asus website and 2ch analogue out to stereo amp.

Thanks
Zeno
Pages: [1]   Go Up