INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any workaround to get MC to create sidecar files for ISO's?  (Read 1878 times)

Sesam

• World Citizen
Any workaround to get MC to create sidecar files for ISO's?
« on: September 29, 2012, 03:47:19 pm »

MC 17 used to create sidecar files for ISO's when you set the media type to video. However in recent versions of 17 the functionality was removed for whatever reason, and disappointingly 18 does not create the sidecars either. So I'm wondering has anyone come up with a workaround for this?.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any workaround to get MC to create sidecar files for ISO's?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 03:06:10 am »

according to my notes, just changing iso (data) to video generated sidecars, but that was back to version 14.049, after this build something was changed..

sidecars for all media types has been requested several times
MT5FR

Sesam

• World Citizen
Re: Any workaround to get MC to create sidecar files for ISO's?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 03:27:38 am »

@astromo, thanks but unfortunately those doesn't help for this particular problem.

@Lasse_Lus, yea I have requested it myself too. I figured maybe at this point someone had figured out a way to trick/hack MC to create the sidecars.

As the application was capable of it before, changing this behavior is likely just a line of code. It appears MC just looks at the file extension. I tried renaming a DVD .iso to .vob. And MC18 nicely created the sidecar files, even more surprisingly it even played the movie (though without chapters/menu, much faster than having Daemon Tools mount it. Makes me wonder why an external program is still needed for mounting ISO's.).
Pages: [1]   Go Up